How hard will it be to install fog lamps

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

HuntingPath

How hard will it be to install fog lamps

Postby HuntingPath » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 pm

in the bumper? My S model 2006 didn't come with factory fog lamps. I'd very much like to add them but I have some questions. Would it be advisable to install the OEM lights that oridnarily come on Paths or since I'm putting them in anyway, would I better off using an after-market light? Does anyone make after-market lights that fit into the round recessed holes in the bumpers?

Thanks folks! :D

08 pathy

Re: How hard will it be to install fog lamps

Postby 08 pathy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

HuntingPath wrote:in the bumper? My S model 2006 didn't come with factory fog lamps. I'd very much like to add them but I have some questions. Would it be advisable to install the OEM lights that oridnarily come on Paths or since I'm putting them in anyway, would I better off using an after-market light? Does anyone make after-market lights that fit into the round recessed holes in the bumpers?

Thanks folks! :D
I'm pretty sure all the wiring is there. So you would need the factory fog lights and the headlight/fog light stalk.

After market light will be cheaper but you would have to make some kind of mount to fit in the factory holes...

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 pm

The foglight install is easy. I think I got the kit from enissanparts.com. I don't remember what it cost. The wiring is there and ready to go. The turn signal stalk is easy to replace and the foglights bolt right in. The hardest part is getting the plastic blanks out of the holes.

Do a search and you'll find topics on the factory lights and some people who put in aftermarket ones.

macbell7

Postby macbell7 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:02 am

Well the easiest but not the most cost effective way is to just order the factory fog light kits that have the lights and the turn signal stalk. It will be around $220 I think, but its the most hassle free way of adding fog lights. The biggest problem is trying to find a way to mount aftermarket fog lights in the holes. Make sure you get the h11 bulb size lights cause thats what the wires that are already in your pathfinder will fit. Then just go buy the stalk for $70 at a dealer and your done or you can wire it up your own way.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”