2005 - Alarm going off random

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

JohnDundas

2005 - Alarm going off random

Postby JohnDundas » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Folks
Tried searching for the info but cant find it on here so can anyone help out. My alarm goes off at all sorts of times of day and NIGHT....

Once I click open then lock on the keyfob it goes off (as expected). Then it might go off again 10 minutes latter.

All doors are shut, all windows are up, bonnet down and secure....

So any ideas please....or I might even disable the alarm horn if anyone can tell me where it is please.....cant allow this to keep going on.

I have had this Pathfinder since 2006.

John

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Have you checked it for shorts or a fuse? I'm shooting from the hip. Tech?

valenburg

Postby valenburg » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:39 am

battery? my pathy was doing that before the battery died and also when I had a loose neg term.

JohnDundas

Postby JohnDundas » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 am

Hi Folks,
Yep have checked all of that. I have checked all around the internet and cant find anything about it.

So if it keeps on happening then I think I would rather disconnect the alarm horm, so does anyone know how to do that?

John

pandarturo88

Postby pandarturo88 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:31 am

i suppose you could just disconnect the fuse or clip the wires if you really are bothered by it. I suggest taking it to an electrical shop though.

Tech

Postby Tech » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:57 pm

You can take it in and monitor each door switch with the dealer "consult" tool. OR...

You can try removing the door switch from each door one at a time. I believe they are normally open and close the circuit to ground when you open the door. The R51 stock security only sounds when you open a door. One of them must be opening (closing the ground circuit) when the doors are closed. You can shim them out with a washer if it's just not closing enough, or replace if it's totally hooped. Also watch for the rear hatch switch. If you have any water leaks in there, the latch/switch will do random weird crap. (rear camera install?). Also if you had any recent bodywork, the often use non-conductive threaded inserts which leave the door circuit open.

If it's not sounding, lock the doors and wait 30s until the security light flashes then mess with the doors a bit to see if the dome light comes on and the alarm sounds.

Any prob's PM me.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:22 pm

just a thought.......how about one of the pagers?
could it be transmitting the "panic" feature randomly?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”