2003 Pathfinder P0507 code

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Rizzo226

2003 Pathfinder P0507 code

Postby Rizzo226 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:29 pm

my check engine light came on with a P0507 code it does not have any vacum leaks and the code is related to replacing the ecm......cruising on the highway at about 65 on level ground was fine but going up the smallest hills the car would downshift into 3rd and rev at 3500 rpm. this occured after about 2 hours of highway driving. I had the transmission system powerflushed with new trans. fluid and the check engine light went off and i was able to make long trips with no problems. 3 days later the check engine light came back on....has this happened to anyone else.

swanicyouth

Postby swanicyouth » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 am

Check out ECM Medics. Im thinking of using them. I get a P0505 code after I cleaned the IAC Valve. Replaced the valve, no change. Able to set the idle and do the air re-learn, but if I let it idle in Park a while SES comes on. If I just don't let it idle in Park, SES doesn't come on (been off for about 3 weeks now). I think I may have shorted out the ECM slightly when I cleaned the valve, however, I have no driveability issues at all. Idle is smooth, no hesitation. the on thing it does do is, the idle "bounces up about 200 RPMs when letting off the gas, then it settles. The ECM is having some problem controlling the IAC Valve.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”