High pitch noise from engine/wheel

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Kuto

High pitch noise from engine/wheel

Postby Kuto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:32 am

I got my 2013 PF 2 weeks ago, on average once per day, I can hear a high pitch sound in the cabin, not really loud but very noticeable. coming from the engine or the wheel, I cannot tell. It lasts for a minute or 2 then goes away. What could be wrong?
If it gets worse, I will go to the dealership. but not, yet.

ziggypup

Re: High pitch noise from engine/wheel

Postby ziggypup » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:13 am

Kuto wrote:I got my 2013 PF 2 weeks ago, on average once per day, I can hear a high pitch sound in the cabin, not really loud but very noticeable. coming from the engine or the wheel, I cannot tell. It lasts for a minute or 2 then goes away. What could be wrong?
Why wait until it gets worse? I'd have it checked out asap.

Kuto

Postby Kuto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:35 pm

ziggypup wrote:
Kuto wrote:I got my 2013 PF 2 weeks ago, on average once per day, I can hear a high pitch sound in the cabin, not really loud but very noticeable. coming from the engine or the wheel, I cannot tell. It lasts for a minute or 2 then goes away. What could be wrong?
Why wait until it gets worse? I'd have it checked out asap.
Yeah, you are right, I will call tomorrow. A car has less than 400 miles on it should not do this. the only reason I did not send it in the dealer is that this does not happen constantly. It is a on and off thing. I just don't want to go to the dealership, then they tell me they can not reproduce it and they don't know what is wrong.

Kuto

Postby Kuto » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm

OK, I found out what it is today.
It is actually the passenger site climate control, over the feet air vent. when the heat is on and air is blowing from the vent right over passengers feet, it gives a whistle sound.
I am still not sure if it is the air making the sound from a wrongly shaped tunnel, or the motor for the fan is defective. Anyway, I am just happy it is not from the Engine/Powertrain.

ziggypup

Postby ziggypup » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 am

Kuto wrote:OK, I found out what it is today.
It is actually the passenger site climate control, over the feet air vent. when the heat is on and air is blowing from the vent right over passengers feet, it gives a whistle sound.
I am still not sure if it is the air making the sound from a wrongly shaped tunnel, or the motor for the fan is defective. Anyway, I am just happy it is not from the Engine/Powertrain.
Interesting. Do you hear it only when the fan is running fast? Next time I get in my Pathfinder I will see if I can recreate when you are talking about. But I think that I would have heard it by now if the problem existed in my car.

Kuto

Postby Kuto » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:04 pm

ziggypup wrote:
Kuto wrote:OK, I found out what it is today.
Interesting. Do you hear it only when the fan is running fast? Next time I get in my Pathfinder I will see if I can recreate when you are talking about. But I think that I would have heard it by now if the problem existed in my car.
It starts when the fan is running at certain level. and get louder when fan goes faster. And it does not happen every time. Make me believe this is not a common problem, Maybe a piece of tunnel plastic has a crack and the hot air is making funny noise when it is blew the "right" way.

Mr Mayor

Postby Mr Mayor » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

Another common issue my dealer hears is noise from electric power steering.... No fix, 'cuz it aint broken

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”