The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Pathfinder Wont Start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brendan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Pathfinder Wont Start Reply with quote

Hey guys, this is my first post here but I'm curious to know if anyone has encountered a problem like this.
I drove to school this morning, car started and drove normally. When I got to school I turned off the car, then decided to sit and finish my coffee so I turned the ignition to the acc position- nothing happened. I tried again and same thing, so I tried to start it- nothing. It was like the battery was completely dead.
I decided to forget about it until after class. Came out and it fired up completely normally. My radio lost its settings as did my trip computer.
So I drove home, car worked fine, shut it off in the driveway and tried to start it again immediately- same thing, no power to anything. I waited 5 minutes, tried again and it worked perfect. If anyone has had this happen or knows whats up id love to know!
MLEACH87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your ground connection on battery post. Also check both posts for corrosion(if needed) clean them with baking soda and a steel brush. Remove power and neg and put them back on and tighten them up really good. Good Luck
AIRLIFT 1000 (ORDERED)
YAKIMA LOAD WARRIOR
K&N AIR FILTER
33x12.50 Pro Comp MT
FabTec Front bumper
SpeedyGreeney

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me- only happens in frigid weather. I just take the keys out completely, wait about 10 seconds, and try to turn it over again. Always works for me. Scary stuff though, no doubt.
- 8000k headlights
smj999smj

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bad ignition switch could do this...but I would check those battery cable connections, first, as already suggested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: