Pathfinder Wont Start

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Brendan

Pathfinder Wont Start

Postby Brendan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post here but I'm curious to know if anyone has encountered a problem like this.
I drove to school this morning, car started and drove normally. When I got to school I turned off the car, then decided to sit and finish my coffee so I turned the ignition to the acc position- nothing happened. I tried again and same thing, so I tried to start it- nothing. It was like the battery was completely dead.
I decided to forget about it until after class. Came out and it fired up completely normally. My radio lost its settings as did my trip computer.
So I drove home, car worked fine, shut it off in the driveway and tried to start it again immediately- same thing, no power to anything. I waited 5 minutes, tried again and it worked perfect. If anyone has had this happen or knows whats up id love to know!

MLEACH87

Postby MLEACH87 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 am

Check your ground connection on battery post. Also check both posts for corrosion(if needed) clean them with baking soda and a steel brush. Remove power and neg and put them back on and tighten them up really good. Good Luck

SpeedyGreeney

Postby SpeedyGreeney » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:42 am

Same thing happened to me- only happens in frigid weather. I just take the keys out completely, wait about 10 seconds, and try to turn it over again. Always works for me. Scary stuff though, no doubt.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:02 pm

A bad ignition switch could do this...but I would check those battery cable connections, first, as already suggested.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”