2007 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 LE Build Thread

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

kylevd23

2007 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 LE Build Thread

Postby kylevd23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi guys/gals,

Still pretty new to the forum, and wanted to keep track of everything I've been doing with our new pathfinder.

So I bought the 07 Pathy used, high mileage, but was exactly what I had wanted, leather, sunroof, rear dvd entertainment, and third row seating. This is my DD, and it was a big change going from a G35 Coupe to this, but with our new baby home, we needed the extra room for me while picking them up after school.

Here's a pic of her at the dealer

Brought her home completed Oil change, rear/front differential fluid change, Transfer case fluid drain, Transmission drain, Radiator Bypass Mod.

Added an AVS Bug Deflector, gives the front end a little flare:

Added AVS Window Deflectors

Finally after some research, I had decided on a brush guard, I purchased one from thenismoshop, its the Genuine OEM Brush guard. Definitely a lot more stout than the ebay ones you see online. I would of liked an ARB one but that was definitely out of budget. But as much as we go camping and a little offroading, I wanted something sturdy enough to run through shrubs and what not. Install was easy and straight forward, took me about 45 minutes total.

So the tires equipped on the Pathy when I bought it were the Bridgestone Dueler All season, though still decent tread and dry traction, there were a few complaints, one being the tires were undersized for the vehicle, my initial observations were that the pathy seemed to be going slower than what it showed on the speedometer, and I was right. The tire sizes were 265/65/17, I mounted a portable navigation unit, and I was right, it was 3-4 mph off, I also pass by the speed monitors setup by police daily and it confirmed the navigation speed as well. So I finally got time to head down to Discount tire, which excellent service as always, and picked up a set of BF Goodrich All-terrains. I wanted something good during winter, could get me through light trails going to campsites and weekend fishing trips, so this fit the bill. I upgraded to 265/70/17, and after a few test runs, the speedometer was accurate +-.5mph. But I'm pretty satisfied, gives the pathy a good look.

It rained quite a bit here in North Texas these past few days, so there was some nice muddy areas, gave me a chance to try out the new AT's, and they worked flawlessly, first run through in 2wd with no issues, a bit of spin running through ruts, then second run with 4-HI and there was no wheel spin, just basically drove right through with no issues and no loss of traction.

Well that was the latest mod, more to come.

AZ_Path

Re: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 LE Build Thread

Postby AZ_Path » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:35 pm

kylevd23 wrote:This is my DD, and it was a big change going from a G35 Coupe to this, but with our new baby home, we needed the extra room for me while picking them up after school.
Congrats on the new ride and baby. Yes, the G is quite different than the Path, however I think the Path handles well for a truck based SUV.

kylevd23 wrote: So the tires equipped on the Pathy when I bought it were the Bridgestone Dueler All season, though still decent tread and dry traction, there were a few complaints, one being the tires were undersized for the vehicle, my initial observations were that the pathy seemed to be going slower than what it showed on the speedometer, and I was right. The tire sizes were 265/65/17, I mounted a portable navigation unit, and I was right, it was 3-4 mph off, I also pass by the speed monitors setup by police daily and it confirmed the navigation speed as well. So I finally got time to head down to Discount tire, which excellent service as always, and picked up a set of BF Goodrich All-terrains. I wanted something good during winter, could get me through light trails going to campsites and weekend fishing trips, so this fit the bill. I upgraded to 265/70/17, and after a few test runs, the speedometer was accurate +-.5mph. But I'm pretty satisfied, gives the pathy a good look.
265/65/17 is the OEM tire size. The speedo reading 2-3% MPH above actual speed is normal. http://www.caranddriver.com/features/sp ... er-scandal

not on the rug

welcome

Postby not on the rug » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:09 am

welcome. I sold my g35 before starting my pathfinder build too. I love the pathy, but I definitely miss my g

kylevd23

Postby kylevd23 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Definitely didn't know that was supposed to be normal, I read in other threads that the speedometer was based on the Pro-4x tire size? not sure if that is true or not.

yes the G was definitely one of those selfish decisions for me, but i had my two years of fun, the pathfinder definitely handles well, i was very surprised when I test drove it. I would say its almost a little better than my armada with the stock suspension before i changed over to bilstein 5100s

kylevd23

Postby kylevd23 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:52 am

Just a few updates

Added factory skid plates for the oil pan, transfer case, and fuel tank, also picked up a factory tow hook, as well as some tail light guards

I sprayed bed liner on the skid plates, this should help some what, but I already know itll scrape and I can always respray to keep it from rusting.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:24 am

I like the skid plates. I have heard Nissan offers them, but haven't seen them mounted before. They look good. I was thinking of that on my last trip through the Mesquite trees. Every time I drove over a clump of trees I would cringe at the sound of those little stiff branches poking and scraping my undercarriage. What was the costs?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:44 pm

BigEz wrote:I like the skid plates. I have heard Nissan offers them, but haven't seen them mounted before. They look good. I was thinking of that on my last trip through the Mesquite trees. Every time I drove over a clump of trees I would cringe at the sound of those little stiff branches poking and scraping my undercarriage. What was the costs?

I'm not sure but have you checked under your Pathfinder to see if you already have them? My 08 LE V8 came with them. I did purchase the vehicle used so unsure what was done by the previous owner.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 pm

Duh.. Yep, they are there. I knew I had a front plate because I have removed and replaced it to do some work, but I swore the transfer was uncovered. I stand corrected. :roll:

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:15 pm

BigEz wrote:Duh.. Yep, they are there. I knew I had a front plate because I have removed and replaced it to do some work, but I swore the transfer was uncovered. I stand corrected. :roll:
Glad you found them prior to buying some from Nissan. They are thin so maybe aftermarket might be something to look into.

kylevd23

Postby kylevd23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Glad you found the skid plates, I ended up paying close to $175 or so for all three. They did perfectly fine at the trails we went to. Went through level two trails and one level three trail with steep rocky drop offs and though it scraped and dragged no damage done. I priced shrockwork skid plates and it was close to $1000, if I'm spending that much is rather much invest in a more capable off road vehicle with more after market options. Though I love my pathfinder I have found there are not much toys for it compared to jeeps, FJs, or even xterras

Return to “R51 General Chat”