Factory Fog Light Kit

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Cr@2y Gr33k

Postby Cr@2y Gr33k » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:44 pm

08Datsun wrote:With all you guys talking about putting in the fog lights, I just ordered a set myself. Thanks for all the info.
I was surprised at how easy it was to install the fog lights when I had them shipped. Let us know how it turns out if you do install them 08Datsun

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Actually, I put them on last week. The switch was super easy and just pops in. I had trouble getting the filler blanks out of the front fascia. There are four plastic phillips expansion type of screws that hold them in. Like some have mentioned, three of mine wouldn't come out so I had to cut them out with a dremel. After that, the fog lights went right in and the electrical is right there. The lights are bright and have a nice flat pattern. Definately worth it.

BTW, the kit I got from enissanparts.com included all the bolts and clips for installation.

ZacharyAKlein

Postby ZacharyAKlein » Sat May 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Just adding my observations - I used the same kit linked to by 08Datsun, and just did the installation today. Honestly the biggest issue I had was that it's difficult to reach the mounts for the fogs/filler pieces without removing a good bit of the mudguard beneath the bumper - they're pretty deeply inset considering where they're mounted.

I also had trouble removing the expansion screws, and ended up pulling out the blanks without the screws - it ruined the plastic filler, but the mount was metal/hardened plastic and wasn't damaged. With the plastic removed, the screws were easy to pull out.

Also I was a little surprised at how non-tight the fogs' fit actually is - from beneath you can see light around the edges of the lights, although the gap isn't noticeable from outside. I don't see how they could be made to fit any tighter with the bracket arranged as it is, so I'm assuming this was by design.

Other than that, the installation was quick and painless. I'm so glad I found the kit and didn't order the parts separately myself as I had planned - honestly I hadn't realized that the switch needed to be replaced until my kit arrived - I had the naive idea that the fogs were somehow tied to the regular headlights. That would have made for a very frustrating weekend. :roll:

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Sat May 11, 2013 3:09 pm

ZacharyAKlein wrote: Also I was a little surprised at how non-tight the fogs' fit actually is - from beneath you can see light around the edges of the lights, although the gap isn't noticeable from outside. I don't see how they could be made to fit any tighter with the bracket arranged as it is, so I'm assuming this was by design.
just fyi when i plastidip'd the fog light well, i noticed too that the fog lights weren't flush to the fiberglass body. there was about a 1/4in gap between the body and light.

rwb2187

Postby rwb2187 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:55 pm

I'm looking at getting fog lights for my 2012 pathy, but I just want the wiring let to a blank switch hole, and install an on/off switch on the left side of my dash, next to the door, as I figure this would be the easiest option.

In reality, how hard would this be?

jman9895

Postby jman9895 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:35 am

Its not hard at all, you still have to install the fog lights in the bumper, and if the kit comes with a wiring harness, you're all set, follow the directions and connect power/ground and you're good. The one I ordered even came with a switch that fit in the knockout next to the power mirror switch.

LessThanZero

Postby LessThanZero » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:20 pm

A couple of questions, and I assume the different years for the R51 might be different, so lets use my 2008 S.

1. Do they come pre-wired from the factory to take a factory fog light kit? Meaning, all I have to do is find the connection in the front, mount and attach then switch out the light switch (whatever the real name is) that controls the lights and boom, I'm done?

2. Who offers the factory fog light kit? I can't find them with the links provided in this thread.

Thanks.

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:50 am

LessThanZero wrote:A couple of questions, and I assume the different years for the R51 might be different, so lets use my 2008 S.

1. Do they come pre-wired from the factory to take a factory fog light kit? Meaning, all I have to do is find the connection in the front, mount and attach then switch out the light switch (whatever the real name is) that controls the lights and boom, I'm done?

2. Who offers the factory fog light kit? I can't find them with the links provided in this thread.

Thanks.
Mine is a 2012 and yes the wires are there but they will prob be tucked way up in the fenders like mine were and a total pian to reach up and get out but they were there. My kit came with the new stock/stick light control that you replace so the fogs will turn on. (The colom light stick control)

Kestral

Postby Kestral » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:53 am

I bought my light kit from my local dealer he came real close to the price I got on line so I went local as I always try to do. Can't recall what I paid off hand I will try and find my sales slip and post the cost.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”