Getting the windows down with the key fob?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

khavel

Getting the windows down with the key fob?

Postby khavel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Quick question I'm sure has come up before. My buddy has an 06 Titan LE and I have an 05 Pathy SE-OR. He can get his windows down using the remote and I can't. Is this because I have an SE or an 05 or what gives? Anyone else with and 05 SE able to do this trick. It would be great here in TX during the summer to roll all your windows down before getting into the 300* interior!!

azaizai

Postby azaizai » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

My 07 SE does it.

Click unlock once, then again and hold it.

edit: The question might be, do both of your front windows have auto controls? ie: auto up/down? That would be the deciding factor barring someone more smart than me knowing the trim differences for the OR-SE edition

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:17 pm

I have an 06 LE model and it doesn't roll the windows down with the remote. It also only has the "auto-down" feature on the driver's window, but not for the passenger side. Personally, I don't want the feature; I read about too many problems with people coming back to their Pathfinders finding the windows rolled down when they had left them up.

khavel

Postby khavel » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:37 pm

I think you nailed it with the point about both front windows having the Auto Down feature. My 05 doesn't have the Auto Down on the passenger side, so thats probably why it won't work for me. I can see the inconvenience of it but when its 100* all summer having the windows venting that heat before getting in would be nice. Thanks for the input

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:30 pm

Yeah, but picture yourself arriving at your Pathy after a steady down pour and finding your front windows open and a your interior is soaked! Or, finding it covered in snow in the winter time! :wink:

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:35 am

I believe the auto-down for both front doors is an '07+ feature on the Pathfinder. I had to replace my switch recently and that seemed to be where the difference started.

The rolling down with the key fob is something I've had on a few other vehicles and every forum I was part of had those complaining about the windows rolling down "magically". I had it happen to me once and finally realized that this "problem" seems to be caused by the buttons being held down accidentally while in your pocket. Even worse, my Pathfinder has autostart and I've sat down in the house to put my shoes on (with keys in pocket) and hear my car start-up in the garage. I'm more careful with the remotes on cars that have the roll-down or autostart and no more problems.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:52 am

It would have been nice if they had made the remote with a flip cover to prevent such things from happening.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:00 am

smj999smj wrote:It would have been nice if they had made the remote with a flip cover to prevent such things from happening.
Totally agree. That's why I always have my keys sitting on my desk at work, a dresser at home & in a large volume pocket while out and about. I have the same problem with cell phones turning themselves on when in a backpack, so I'm 100% anti-exposed buttons.

Return to “R51 Electrical”