2001 pathfinder front cv boots and exhaust

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

terry2001

2001 pathfinder front cv boots and exhaust

Postby terry2001 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:59 pm

I am getting ready to put on a new cat back muffler.are there any good or bad mufflers for this or should I just get what ever the local parts store has?i also need new boots for the front cv joints.is there any web sites giving me direction on how to do this?one other problem I have is the lights on my steering wheel and window swithes don't work.is there a fuse for that?

moymurfs

Postby moymurfs » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:32 am

It's not a performance issue so just get what's available on the exhaust. As for the CV boots, I found it was just as involved to replace the complete shafts all-together, plus the grease is sealed so it's not as messy, So I did. You normally need a special plier to cinch the bands down (PIA). For the steering wheel and window switches, I'm sure there is a common fuse or relay for the illumination function. Do the dash lights dim correctly? I think the switches and wheel lights dim also.

terry2001

Postby terry2001 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:34 am

yes its starting to look like the best way is to just change the cv joint and be done .is there any odd ball tool I will need?my dash dims fine but no lights.i have not found the fuse for the lights.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”