Error Code Evap. Emission Code

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Ride2Live

Postby Ride2Live » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:30 am

Hey all,

I got the evap code on my 06 PF and before looking here I bought a gas cap at the dealer not realizing that there are problems with the evap canister and valve.

Has anyone else dealt with this, and were you able to fix it yourself?

I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he informed me that it might still be under warranty? He said Ford Chevy etc... emission control systems are under warranty for 100k.
Does anyone know if Nissan does the same. He thought that it was a government mandate.

Thanks

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 am

Depends on what the problem is with the Evap system. If it's just the breather hose plugged off you may be able to clean it, reset the code and good to go. If you pulled water or dust into the Evap can, or any of the Evap lines or the can has rock damage, repairs are probably on you. If the Evap can is cracked and doesn't have rock damage you may be able to convince your service guy that this is a design fault from Nissan.

Have read through this thread;

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... light=evap

Last edited by Gray on Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 am

There is a new Nissan service bulletin on the Evap system which was added a few days ago;

http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledg ... &catid=236

"• EVAP Vent Control S/V is stuck open or will not seal when operated/closed."

Ride2Live

Postby Ride2Live » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:17 am

Greybrick wrote:There is a new Nissan service bulletin on the Evap system which was added a few days ago;
Thanks for the information, I'm gonna get underneath tonight and take a quick look. Maybe swing by the dealer tomorrow to talk to them about it.

I would think this should be covered except for what you said about rock damage. This PF has never been off road or in any water to mention. Not saying that a rock couldn't have flown up and cracked it. If so I say that is poor design.

Have to see what they say. I have 40k so I'm out of the bumper to bumper.

jspitz

Postby jspitz » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:35 am

Hey Ride - let me know what happens to you. Check my most recent discussion in here - I have P0455 and 463 showing on my car. Hopefully my dealer helps me out.

I see you are in NE Ohio - you wouldn't by chance be getting your car serviced at the dealer in Streetsboro, would you? It would be kinda funny to bring them 2 cars at the same time with essentially the same issue!

Ride2Live

Postby Ride2Live » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:55 am

jspitz wrote:Hey Ride - let me know what happens to you. Check my most recent discussion in here - I have P0455 and 463 showing on my car. Hopefully my dealer helps me out.

I see you are in NE Ohio - you wouldn't by chance be getting your car serviced at the dealer in Streetsboro, would you? It would be kinda funny to bring them 2 cars at the same time with essentially the same issue!
Well I have been doing all my own maintenance so far. But yes when I have had to see the dealer for something I have been going to Classic Nissan in Streetsboro. I live in Medina and work in Hudson, so it's close to work.

They did jut open a Nissan in Medina right off 71 Ganley Nissan but I don't know if they are any good.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”