Rear Spring Carrier Link arms (551B0)

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

The Not So Shining Path

Rear Spring Carrier Link arms (551B0)

Postby The Not So Shining Path » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Well.

Got the LCA's out after much cutting (went through 5 more blades, that's 9 so far, plus a cutoff disc). Ended up having to cut the spring carrier link bolts out too, because those eccentric adjusters were rusted solid inside the bushings just like the LCAs.

So I am kind of pissed off, naturally. But at this point, those spring carrier arms are only $35 and that's much more appealing than trying to press the bushings out; I don't have the tools to do that. Unless someone has an idiot-proof method?

Now it's just a matter of finding the parts without waiting a month for them. Any suggestions on that? RockAuto doesn't seem to have them listed for the Path, but from what I gather the same part is used on several other vehicles so maybe a little search creativity...

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:44 pm

I'd suggest the dealer, or courtesynissanparts.com.

The Not So Shining Path

Postby The Not So Shining Path » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Dealer was relatively cheap, and very helpful actually.

Hit a snag: The Moog replacement adjuster bolts are waaaay too long for the spring carrier arms mount, so back to the dealer on Monday for the official parts. I will decide when I see them whether to not use the Moog bolts at all, or just for the LCA.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”