Removed the middle row middle seat

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

AZ_Path

Removed the middle row middle seat

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:56 pm

We recently welcomed another member to our family and now have three kids. :D Any of you who use car seats and boosters know what a pain it can be to get everyone in with enough space to buckle their seat belts. I decided to try what I've seen a few other on here do and remove the middle seat from the middle row. At first I wasn't crazy about giving up a seat, but this works very well and is much more functional than before. I no longer have to keep one of the 2nd row outer seats empty for folding forward nor do I have to mess with it rubbing against a car seat while folding it. If you have 3 or 4 car seats this works great! The double stroller also fits better too.

C

Postby C » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:33 am

Nice! Haven't seen that before. Would also be good for carrying multiple passengers plus skis, fishing rods, etc., if you're short on space.

silvrzuki77

Postby silvrzuki77 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:17 am

We did the same thing 2 years ago! We had a surprise baby. We almost bought a suburban and I was looking at the seats and thought is that a 40/20/40 bench??? Woohoo!! Specially since I just payed it off!

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:20 am

be sure when removing any seats that you seal up the bolt holes in the floor, so that water will not get in through the holes!
since I never use any of my rear seats (I keep them all folded flat in favor of the large cargo area), I took out the bottom (seat) part of the middle rear seat so that it doesn't interfere with the center console lid when I open it
this also allows for reaching back into the cargo area more easily

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:22 am

silvrzuki77 wrote:We did the same thing 2 years ago! We had a surprise baby. We almost bought a suburban and I was looking at the seats and thought is that a 40/20/40 bench??? Woohoo!! Specially since I just payed it off!
Close call there! Thankfully you didn't end up driving a Chevrolet. :D

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:24 am

eieio wrote:be sure when removing any seats that you seal up the bolt holes in the floor, so that water will not get in through the holes!
since I never use any of my rear seats (I keep them all folded flat in favor of the large cargo area), I took out the bottom (seat) part of the middle rear seat so that it doesn't interfere with the center console lid when I open it
this also allows for reaching back into the cargo area more easily
Yeah I screwed the bolts back in to seal up the holes. There is one other hole from an alignment post. I have a rubber mat covering it right now but should probably seal it up better.

DiBo

Postby DiBo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:52 am

Yeah, I did the same thing temporarily for a road trip from Edmonton to Las Vegas with 6 passengers, 4 adults and 2 kids. Was excellent with the kids in the rear, didn't have to move the seats around for them to get in and out. Put it back when I got home again. Nice option to have.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”