Best floor mats

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

nismopath

Best floor mats

Postby nismopath » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations on replacement floor mats. I never had OEM mats, I can’t justify $100+ for weathertech, I just need some basic plastic mats for mud and sand.. but every mat has a different shape, length, etc.
I know most universal mats can be trimmed but if anyone has a brand they have actually tried and liked, id appreciate the info.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 am

I am partial to the spendy OEM mats.
They really create that homely interior feel.

However Walmarts selection is so large. take a pic of your mats then go inside and compare to what they have in stock.

That's what I would do if I was to not go OEM.

nismopath

Postby nismopath » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:06 pm

That’s the problem, I have no mats at all ! I never even had oem. I wouldn’t even mind oem but not for $100.
So I just want a set of $25 mats but each one is it differently cut so who knows which will fit until you try it.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm

nismopath wrote:That’s the problem, I have no mats at all ! I never even had oem. I wouldn’t even mind oem but not for $100.
So I just want a set of $25 mats but each one is it differently cut so who knows which will fit until you try it.
you get what you pay for.
my OEM mats are 13 years old, never shift position, show very little wear, and the carpet beneath them remains undamaged.

weaver

Postby weaver » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:14 pm

A note on the Weathertech mats I recently treated myself to. (P#44033-1-2,front and rear floorliner, the cupped ones). Front liners are great, catch everything without any interference to seats, rockers/sills, feet, or pedals. Rear ones aren't worth the money. To catch snow, mud, spills etc. the raised sides interfere with ease of entry/ exit(trip on them). Raised front/rear edges interfere with front seat movement and block 2nd row foot vents. This is understandable to contain messes, but if you often have rear passengers it's a PITA and the front edge needs trimmed at 2nd row floor vents for airflow essentially negating their spill-containing design. Love the front ones, rear ones save your money. Didn't shell out for cargo area, HF tarp works for me. Third vehicle with Weathertech mats, always been worth it. Great AMERICAN company, love their sealed license plate covers.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:34 pm

What you want are custom fit mats, which are designed to fit your floor. Try a site like CarID.com or AutoAnything.com and do a search with your vehicle and then search floor mats. They will list several brands; the ones that say "custom" are made to fit. Husky, Weathertech and Lloyd are some choices. Just remember that you get what you pay for! A decent set of custom floor mats is going to cost more than the universal mats at the local department store.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”