Keyfob issue

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

ufgatorfan97

Keyfob issue

Postby ufgatorfan97 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:00 pm

ladies and gents, howdy.

New here, I tried googling this particular situation but didn't find the exact issue, so here goes.

Have a 2011 Path. Recently the keyfob started giving me trouble. The button on the door handle didn't always work and i occasionally had to use the key in the actual ignition switch. But that was rare. The keyfob light on the dash started blinking green at some point, so I replaced the battery in the fob, but that didn't change the problem. The fob just struggles to work.

What is strange to me about this is that the keyfob especially doesn't work when the car is cold. But if I drive it for 10 minutes, it'll work. Seems like when the car is warm, the fob works 99% of the time. There is still that 1% where it doesn't. But if I'm leaving the house first thing in the morning, it absolutely doesn't work. I live in Florida, so it's not cold outside, I just mean the car isn't warmed up (just making sure that was clear).

Hope I've explained this well. Anyone have ideas?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Wish I could help. My first guess was battery also... :oops:

TheHawk!

Postby TheHawk! » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:54 pm

most likely the I key fob itself, if not the BCM. I can help you trouble shoot if you need it just shoot me a PM. when issues like those start its generally the fob.....DONT buy a cheap aftermarket one either! the OEM ones arent that expensive!

ghall13

Key Fob

Postby ghall13 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:43 am

You could start by rooting for another team. Key fob probably doesn't want to work for a Gator fan. haha.

But seriously, I had the same issue and ultimately ditched the fob altogether and just manually unlock it with my key. (May of may not have also destroyed the fob trying to fix it :shock: )

Anyway, good luck and War Eagle buddy

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:44 pm

My girlfriends old 2013 Sentra had the intelligent key and when the battery was low it would act up like you're describing. Her battery was also low on water if that makes a difference. I would just top it off with some Ozarka or Nestle water since it seemed we always had those around and it was purified.

Return to “General Automotive”