New Memeber

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

TRON

New Memeber

Postby TRON » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:04 am

Hey Guys,
Just registered as I have been thinking of getting a Pathy. I am wanting a 2012 with the V8 as I have a camper I will be towing. Its a large pop up and it weights about 3500 but not sure if the V6 will be sufficient. We also usually have a truck bed full of gear as well. I know the V8s are hard to find and I am also wanting 4wd as well. I will be wanting to run 33s and have heard read different things about the rear suspension as to rough ride and trouble with alignment after lift kits. I would imagine I will need air bags for the rear as im sure the thing will squat pretty good with the camper and the cargo area filled with gear. I currently have a 2012 tundra with the 4.6 and dont have any issues towing. Any thoughts, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ghall13

V6 may be sufficient

Postby ghall13 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 am

I recently towed a large trailer loaded down around 3000lbs. Had the factory suspension and paid dearly for it. Had to keep it around 60 on the interstate to prevent death wobble. Have since ordered moog coils and blistein 5100s. I have been reading on here that that solves most suspension issues on and off road. Wouldn't tow without making that upgrade for sure.

The V6 has plenty of power. May be able to save some money by getting the V6 and putting a CAI and new exhaust, beefing up the rear suspension with the setup I am adding and putting the AirLifts on for extra support when towing. I just have the CAI and I can roll the tires at speeds over 30MPH so it adds plenty of extra HP. New coils and shocks come in Friday.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:38 am

You may be surprised how much power the V6 has.
V8s are hard to find (I also lust for one.. and mostly are 08s..since during 08 the gas prices exploded which reduced V8s orders starting from 09)

But if u can snag one more power to you.
There are some affordable mods one can do to stiffen up the rear as well.

Oh and welcome to the board!!! :D

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”