Power Liftgate Not Opening

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

isuwill

Power Liftgate Not Opening

Postby isuwill » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:09 pm

My 2013 Nissan Pathfinder power liftgate does not work. It started off not opening and I'd have to get in the back and manually unlatch it. Once opened, it would power close, when pushing the button, like nothing was wrong. Now it it doesn't work in either direction.

The dealer charged me $115 diagnostic fee to take a look and states it will cost $1,300 to replace both spindles and control module.

Anyone tackle this repair themselves? Would you please provide some guidance or point me in the right direction? All my searches have led to dead ends.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bill

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:31 pm

There was some discussion about this here:
http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/87- ... tgate.html

isuwill

Postby isuwill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:34 pm

JayArras wrote:There was some discussion about this here:
http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/87- ... tgate.html
Like I said, all my searches have led to dead ends. I saw that post and many more, but they are not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for individuals that have troubleshot and replaced the liftgate control module and spindles themselves and could some guidance. Thanks.

JOXPATH

LIFT GATE NOT WORKING Can be the result of a WEAK BATTERY

Postby JOXPATH » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 am

Last week I had the problem where my LIFT GATE would not open on my 2013 PATH. I came across a reference in the Manual on page 3-25.
""Power operation may not be available if the power lift gate main switch is in the ON position, if multiple obstacles have been detected in a single power cycle, OR... if BATTERY VOLTAGE IS LOW.

My Path was running Fine Otherwise. I tested the Vehicle Battery & it had a reading of 10.7 Volts which should be at 12+. I replaced the 5 year old Vehicle Battery and my POWER LIFT GATE FUNCTIONS PERFECTLY NOW!

Return to “R52 Electrical”