If you're a cheap SOB like me, here's a tip -

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SilverGhost

If you're a cheap SOB like me, here's a tip -

Postby SilverGhost » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:50 pm

If you want to cover that 2-inch opening in your hitch receiver and don't mind using a plug minus the Nissan emblem, check out your local U-Haul store. They sell a plain-Jane rubber one for $1.25 or so. It just pushes in, and isn't held in by a retaining pin. But after five months, mine hasn't budged. A helluva a buy compared to the twelve George Washingtons my Nissan dealer wanted for their branded one!

I beat up my dealer for a hitch and ball when I bought the truck, but have yet to use it. Hence, the plug.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: If you're a cheap SOB like me, here's a tip -

Postby NVSteve » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:09 am

SilverGhost wrote:If you want to cover that 2-inch opening in your hitch receiver and don't mind using a plug minus the Nissan emblem, check out your local U-Haul store. They sell a plain-Jane rubber one for $1.25 or so. It just pushes in, and isn't held in by a retaining pin. But after five months, mine hasn't budged. A helluva a buy compared to the twelve George Washingtons my Nissan dealer wanted for their branded one!

I beat up my dealer for a hitch and ball when I bought the truck, but have yet to use it. Hence, the plug.
Aside from aesthetics, is there a purpose to having it covered? I'd hate to deprive a spider from a good (mobile) home.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:32 am

NVSteve wrote:Aside from aesthetics, is there a purpose to having it covered?
Not a single one . . .

hpc3

Rust and chipped hitch paint. My cover cost $7 at the dealer

Postby hpc3 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Worth it.

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:01 pm

xxx
Last edited by Gray on Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:35 pm

Greybrick wrote:Thanks SilverGhost, I stopped into a U-Haul shop from your recommendation, picked the part off the wall, took it to the front desk and the gal didn't have change so gave it to me for free! :) I applied a small amount of silicon and I'm thinking the cover will be there until I sell the truck.
de nada. Impossible to beat that price! :mrgreen: Eight months on, and mine still hasn't budged.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Too bad Nissans aren't "cool" enough yet to have the tricky little light up hitch covers like Ford & Chevy. (At least I haven't seen any.)

Or maybe our Pathys are already too good for that silly waste of $.

marked001

Postby marked001 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:55 am

happened to be at uhaul yesterday getting something else, and picked one up ;)

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:49 am

LittleStevie wrote:Too bad Nissans aren't "cool" enough yet to have the tricky little light up hitch covers like Ford & Chevy. (At least I haven't seen any.)
DON'T say that! I want to hurl every time I see Bubba's pickup in front of me at a light, with his flashing Ford hitch insert.

I just cover my hitch opening with a Yakima bike rack every weekend or so. Because of that, I know I'd lose any type of plastic/rubber cover if I have to keep popping it on or off.

cheiane

Postby cheiane » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:45 pm

LittleStevie wrote:Too bad Nissans aren't "cool" enough yet to have the tricky little lighted hitch covers like Ford & Chevy. (At least I haven't seen any.)

Or maybe our Pathys are already too good for that silly waste of $.
but i have one.. try to search to the stores for that.. i own nissan and i love it.

basemodel

Postby basemodel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:56 pm

i have a piston and connecting rod from a 5hp honda motor hanging out of my reciever.
'cause i'm badass.

hfrez

Postby hfrez » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm

I let the picture do the talking.

selliott

Postby selliott » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:01 am

NVSteve wrote:
LittleStevie wrote:Too bad Nissans aren't "cool" enough yet to have the tricky little light up hitch covers like Ford & Chevy. (At least I haven't seen any.)
DON'T say that! I want to hurl every time I see Bubba's pickup in front of me at a light, with his flashing Ford hitch insert.

I just cover my hitch opening with a Yakima bike rack every weekend or so. Because of that, I know I'd lose any type of plastic/rubber cover if I have to keep popping it on or off.
What about those wonderful rednecks with a set of balls hanging off the back of their truck.....Now thats classy lol

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”