The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
1995 Pathy, raw fuel smell COLD start up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elcid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: 1995 Pathy, raw fuel smell COLD start up Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Now that the cold weather has arrived and I crank my heat up, I can smell raw fuel in the morning. Once I drive the car and it gets warmed up, I am good to go. The gas smell is gone.

I am wondering if you guys got any idea whats going on ? I am thinking its probably a loose hose? if so, maybe you guys with the same truck can tell me which hose needs to be tighen up?

thanks guys!
nomadrifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I had this same problem. I found that a piece rubber fuel line right behind the distributor was leaking. Very cheap fix, but it's kind of a pain to get to. Hopefully this helps.
R3DN1CK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could also be the fuel pressure regulator leaking into the vac line? does the truck run rich normally also?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: