The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
any one got a bully dog to there V6?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
me&pathy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: any one got a bully dog to there V6? Reply with quote

was looking at a bully dog 44590. i also see that it will work with my 2008 G35. So can you use it in two different cars? and is there any notable increase in performance when you do a 91 tune in the pathfinder?
johnathanromero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bully dog stuff is junk!! the superchips cortex is about the only thing i would use on you vehicles...what 91 octane tune are you referring to on your pathfinder? If you are talking about the 2 degree bump up in timing it does jack for your vehicle, i have dyno'd my vehicle before and after with the 2 degree bump in timing done at the dealer and there were 0hp gains from it.
me&pathy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnathanromero wrote:
bully dog stuff is junk!! the superchips cortex is about the only thing i would use on you vehicles...what 91 octane tune are you referring to on your pathfinder? If you are talking about the 2 degree bump up in timing it does jack for your vehicle, i have dyno'd my vehicle before and after with the 2 degree bump in timing done at the dealer and there were 0hp gains from it.

hmmmm ok thanks man
bbermann

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically tuners are limited to one VIN. There are some functions you can perform with them on any vehicle (such as the 2 degree timing advance) but a full performance tune or removing the wide open throttle restriction would normally be limited to one vehicle.

2013 370Z nismo
Tech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny that a truck that supposed to run 91 anyway could have a performace tune offered for 91....

Anyone selling their "wood-grain"?

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ME, I DON'T EXIST!!
johnathanromero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get away with running 87 octane on a daily basis...helps I live at 5000+ feet above sea level!!
markspath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnathanromero wrote:
I get away with running 87 octane on a daily basis...helps I live at 5000+ feet above sea level!!

I've run 87 octane for 51k miles, even when pulling a 5,000# trailer, with never a knock or a ping. I tried 91 while towing and it made no noticeable difference in performance and the small improvement in MPG didn't offset the increased price.

YMMV (pun intended!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: