Bedliner front bumper?

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

madrock

Bedliner front bumper?

Postby madrock » Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 pm

Has anyone attempted to bedliner their front bumper? The Pathy I picked up yesterday has a TON of rock chips in the front bumper. It would take me days trying to fill them in with touch up paint. Having a body shop sand and paint the bumper would be as much as getting a new bumper altogether.

I've seen a couple Titans with the front bumper and grille bedlinered, and it looks good but they happen to be light colors. Mine is the majestic blue.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: Bedliner front bumper?

Postby eieio » Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 pm

madrock wrote:Having a body shop sand and paint the bumper would be as much as getting a new bumper altogether.
if you opted for a new bumper, you would have to get it painted anyway, as they do not come finished as a new part :(

madrock

Postby madrock » Mon May 24, 2010 7:24 am

My best option may be just to get touch up paint and use a really fine brush or tooth pick to fill all of the holes.

madrock

Postby madrock » Mon May 24, 2010 10:06 pm

I found a product online called Dr Color Chip. After reading positive reviews from several different BMW forums I decided to give it a shot. I will try to provide a detailed review as soon as I can.

Here is review I found on an M3 forum:
Pros: Easy to apply and remove. Product works as described

Cons: Smells like rubbing alcohol, only comes with one glove when you really need two, wish they have larger sizez without having to order more than one set

Basically put, I had really medium to heavy road rash on my bumper, front of hood, side mirrors, front of each bulging fenders, anything below the body side moldings+ side skirts, lower part of rear bumper. Basically, my car looked like it had road rash of a car driven strickly on gravel roads. I do not have a before or after picture (it was getting dark out). I purchased the 1oz. bottle and that was enough, but none remaining to touch up on other chips elsewhere.

I followed the directions on the website using a white towel to quickly apply the product. Took me roughly 30minutes total.

I highly recommend this product! It actually works as advertised! I just wish they offered larger sizes. The pictures on their website is what the outcome is

Hands down the best thing I've used to detail my car since using Leatherique on my leather!

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

hey Madrock... i had a friend in New York that came from some pretty "fortunate" family ties that insisted BMW doesnt even start until the 5 series.

lol, i know... i would be more than happy with an M3, we argued about that for years, still do. :D

madrock

Postby madrock » Tue May 25, 2010 7:11 am

Sven1olaf wrote:hey Madrock... i had a friend in New York that came from some pretty "fortunate" family ties that insisted BMW doesnt even start until the 5 series.

lol, i know... i would be more than happy with an M3, we argued about that for years, still do. :D
Sounds a lot like some of my relatives. It's 7 series or nothing. BTW, nice setup!

pathyGirl@10K

Postby pathyGirl@10K » Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 pm

We have done this on the front and rear bumpers of our last two Dodge Ram trucks (no need for my pathy yet).

I think it looks great and it is very 'functional'. Why repaint just to have it get chipped up again?

:?

madrock

Postby madrock » Fri May 28, 2010 11:53 am

The Dr Color Chip product works well. It covers up the smaller chips and helps to fill in the bigger chips. I really second guessed myself for getting this Pathy with all of the chips, but this has improved it dramatically. It doesn't look body shop new, but I can look at it now and not see all of the white dots peppered all over the bumper cover.

I am still considering using bedliner for the bottom part of the front bumper.

madrock

Postby madrock » Sun May 30, 2010 8:33 am

I found this pic of a Frontier with the bottom bumper black. The more I look at it the more I want to do it especially since my grille is black too.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”