Factory trans cooler??

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

freak2180

Factory trans cooler??

Postby freak2180 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Just curious if Nissan ever installed a seperate trans cooler that didnt go through the rad. I got to lookin at mine today and I have 2 coolers mounted behinde the grille .......One appears to be a oil cooler and the other looks to be a trans cooler......I looked and didnt see any lines running to my rad at all. Is this normal for a 07??? :?

asgard

Postby asgard » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:27 am

No

My 07 has the same layout main rad has a smaller inline transmission cooler which then feed into the small oil cooler rad located in front of the main one, the loop out requires the two pipes that enter the lower transmission cooler to by bye passed into the front one only.

this layout is made assuming - having automatic transmission and factory tow pack

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:42 am

asgard wrote:No

My 07 has the same layout main rad has a smaller inline transmission cooler which then feed into the small oil cooler rad located in front of the main one, the loop out requires the two pipes that enter the lower transmission cooler to by bye passed into the front one only.

this layout is made assuming - having automatic transmission and factory tow pack
All trim levels offered in USA and Canada have the 'tow package'. And you can't get the Manual. Its offered on the Frontier in past years, but not on the path.

Thats OK, I am beginning to not like manual transmissions. Must be getting old!

t

freak2180

Postby freak2180 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Well I did a lil lookin today and found that my trans did go through the rad......so I bypassed it . It was easy as pie and didnt require any extra parts . Just had to take off the short hose on the pass side ( it has a barbed conector half way up the side of the rad ).and cut the long one in half , run it to the barbed fitting and replaced the factory clamp.

intropiles

Postby intropiles » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:46 am

That's cool! Good for you freak. :)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”