place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

tseklinet

place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control

Postby tseklinet » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:48 am

I want to place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control the model it is 2005 SE diesel manual transmission (m/t).
It knows somebody if I can place also that

MonkeyMike

Re: place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control

Postby MonkeyMike » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:26 am

tseklinet wrote:I want to place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control the model it is 2005 SE diesel manual transmission (m/t).
are you asking how to add cruise control to your existing vehicle?
or are you asking how to use cruise control?

~mike

Npath

Re: place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control

Postby Npath » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:38 pm

tseklinet wrote:I want to place in Nissan pathfinder cruise control the model it is 2005 SE diesel manual transmission (m/t).
I doubt you can install cruise control in a manual transmission vehicle. No point in having cruise if you have to change gears yourself.

08Datsun

Postby 08Datsun » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Cruise is available on manual transmission vehicles right from the factory. My 5-speed Maxima has factory cruise. Installing a factory system on a vehicle that didn't come with cruise is another matter and one I know nothing about. If you go aftermarket, I've heard good things about the systems made by Audiovox.

MonkeyMike

Postby MonkeyMike » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 am

Npath wrote:I doubt you can install cruise control in a manual transmission vehicle. No point in having cruise if you have to change gears yourself.
my previous car had cruise control, and it was a 5-speed. think about it, cruise control is for when you are driving at the same speed for a long period of time... exactly when you arent going to be shifting.

~mike

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:24 pm

MonkeyMike wrote:
Npath wrote:I doubt you can install cruise control in a manual transmission vehicle. No point in having cruise if you have to change gears yourself.
my previous car had cruise control, and it was a 5-speed. think about it, cruise control is for when you are driving at the same speed for a long period of time... exactly when you arent going to be shifting.

~mike
Yeah, it's done all the time as a factory-installed feature in M/T vehicles. A couple of Audi A4's, a Mazda MX6, a Honda Accord, and a BMW 528i under my belt to prove that point. As for after-market install, that may prove difficult. However, YMMV.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:36 am

MonkeyMike wrote:my previous car had cruise control, and it was a 5-speed. think about it, cruise control is for when you are driving at the same speed for a long period of time... exactly when you arent going to be shifting.

~mike
Really?! OK, now that I think about it, I can see it now.

GimmieSumMo72

Postby GimmieSumMo72 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:29 pm

i dont think it should be all that hard...

for the most part, all you'll need to do is buy the cruise control device from the dealer, connect it to the ECU and throttle position sensor, then mount the controls on the dash or connect to the steering wheel.

obviously im looking at it from a 30,000 foot view.

tseklinet

Postby tseklinet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:56 pm

hello my friends

I want to add in my car cruise control which did not have.
I have seen audiovox but my it is difficult I occupy if it can be placed in the particular car.
if it has add no one after market can say to me if it is difficult and that you place base of service manual automotive?
that is to say in who points of car it is connected?

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”