Very interesting ,Who manufacture's these tires or is it the

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

rondo

Very interesting ,Who manufacture's these tires or is it the

Postby rondo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:49 am

Code: Select all

[list][list=][img][img]Who manufacture's these tires or is it the same company ? 

I'm interested in the size and Brand because I see 2 different manufacturers name on the same tire . here the are. 
 [ Milestar Patagonia A/T 
 245 /65 R17 121S E1 OWL ] 

and the same size by [Geo-Trac Patagonia Tires 
 245/65-R17 
[/img]

[/img][/list][/list]
[/b]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:10 pm

They are the same tire. The Geo-Trac Patagonia A/T tire is manufactured by Nankang Tires of China and may be branded as "Milestar." Personally, I think there are better options for tires available, but, to each his own!

rondo

tires by nankang

Postby rondo » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 pm

smj999smj wrote:They are the same tire. The Geo-Trac Patagonia A/T tire is manufactured by Nankang Tires of China and may be branded as "Milestar." Personally, I think there are better options for tires available, but, to each his own!
Thank you so the bottom line is if the tires marked Geo-tract its made in the USA ,please correct me if I'm wrong. thank you

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:24 am

They are made in China by Nankang. Nankang makes some racing tires, but they are also known for buying discounted molds from other tire manufacturers, like Michelin, so, many of their passenger car and truck tires have similar tread patterns as older, name brand, tire manufacturers. That doesn't necessarily mean the construction of the tire is the same as the name brand tire which shares the same mold. Many of those who have had the Geo-trac all-terrain tires comment that they aren't very good in snow and have low tread-life, anywhere from 20,000 to 30,000 miles. If you are looking for a set of tires for a vehicle you are selling or don't plan on keeping very long, they may be a good choice. Personally, I feel the tires and the brakes are two areas where it's best not to use low quality parts. I would much rather spend the extra money and get a better quality tire from a company like Michelin, Cooper, General, etc.

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”