Power door locks won't let me lock my truck!

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

volox

Power door locks won't let me lock my truck!

Postby volox » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:49 pm

I've been lurking for a while but I've run into an issue I need some help solving... I'm normally quite mechanically inclined but this one is just a generator of choice expletives.

I have a 1995 Pathfinder XE that has power door locks. Normal operation on the doors is that if you use the key to unlock and twist twice, it unlocks all the doors. It also locks all the doors if you manually press down the lock button for either front door (the button up by the window not the power lock button on the armrest).

Recently it has started having this problem where when you press down the lock button on either front door it locks all the doors and then immediately unlocks them all. I've had both the front doors and one of the back doors apart and can't seem to find the source of the problem. I would disconnect the accuator for each door in turn and then try it and couldn't seem to find the issue. This is bugging the mess out of me because I can't lock my truck! :x

Does anyone have suggestions for how to track this down? OR maybe at list a pointer on how to easily disable the power lock system so that it doesn't do that and I can use manual locks until I have the time to dig into the problem? (I thought I'd just unplug the fuse but there doesn't seem to be a fuse for the lock system in the fuse panel - so maybe it is hiding somewhere else?)

Thanks in advance.

aadadams

Re: Power door locks won't let me lock my truck!

Postby aadadams » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:45 pm

In my 05, there seems to be a lock out preventer when the ignition is on. If you try to lock it when he key is in the switch all doors unlock. Something may be making yours think the ignition is on... Maybe??? Grasping at straws... Good luck resolving, electrical issues are the worst...
volox wrote:I've been lurking for a while but I've run into an issue I need some help solving... I'm normally quite mechanically inclined but this one is just a generator of choice expletives.

I have a 1995 Pathfinder XE that has power door locks. Normal operation on the doors is that if you use the key to unlock and twist twice, it unlocks all the doors. It also locks all the doors if you manually press down the lock button for either front door (the button up by the window not the power lock button on the armrest).

Recently it has started having this problem where when you press down the lock button on either front door it locks all the doors and then immediately unlocks them all. I've had both the front doors and one of the back doors apart and can't seem to find the source of the problem. I would disconnect the accuator for each door in turn and then try it and couldn't seem to find the issue. This is bugging the mess out of me because I can't lock my truck! :x

Does anyone have suggestions for how to track this down? OR maybe at list a pointer on how to easily disable the power lock system so that it doesn't do that and I can use manual locks until I have the time to dig into the problem? (I thought I'd just unplug the fuse but there doesn't seem to be a fuse for the lock system in the fuse panel - so maybe it is hiding somewhere else?)

Thanks in advance.

mar1
Sponsored Member

Postby mar1 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:20 pm

+1 on what Andre said.

my 08 pathfinder lock-prevention went haywire once and LOCKED the car by itself with keys in ignition.

good thing i had a spare key at the time.

WheatBread

Postby WheatBread » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:53 am

here, my friend, is most likely your problem. Mine used to do the same until I performed this fix:

http://www.q45.org/timers.html

Hope this helps

Zandra14

Postby Zandra14 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:22 am

edited by moderator.

Cynthia14

Postby Cynthia14 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:36 pm

Door locks are modern security doors. Instead of using a normal key to open or close the door you only have to dial a secret code on the electronic keyboard. Sometimes, these blocks include key features such as biometric fingerprint readers or eye or a slot for sliding an electronic card for authentication. The keyless system has many advantages that make it a better choice than a block based system.The key type security locks that are in the market range of bolts and chain locks simple and balls that can be found in almost all houses, locks that technological advances that were unimaginable a few years ago.

Arvada locksmith

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”