P1491 SES Code fixed.. now it's P1456

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

dpassino

P1491 SES Code fixed.. now it's P1456

Postby dpassino » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm

I'm pretty upset... I just got home from picking up my 2003 Pathfinder SE at the dealership with 80,800 miles, and right before I got home, my service light came on. I have a 90 day warranty on it, but wanted to get some input...

I read on google this is "Vacuum Valve Cut Bypass Valve"

Now I did fill the tank with Mobil 91 Octane and clicked my Fuel cap 3-4 times to close. When I read the code it said..

2 Codes:
p1491 se
p1491

1 Inc (EVAP)

6 Ready

Could it be a faulty Gas Cap or need actual repair to the evap system?

Pretty bummed. I've only had the car for 3 hours.

I'm going to be calling the dealership tomorrow and see what they are going to do about it, but any insight I can mention to them before hand would be great!

Thanks!

Dan
Last edited by dpassino on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

fleurys

Postby fleurys » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:03 am

here : http://www.4shared.com/document/JQBTyXAo/p1491.html

I have uploaded you all the info you need to know about this code. It's a pretty simple thing to fix and your dealer should absorb the cost... have a good read so you can be prepared.

S.

dpassino

Postby dpassino » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:41 am

fleurys wrote:here : http://www.4shared.com/document/JQBTyXAo/p1491.html

I have uploaded you all the info you need to know about this code. It's a pretty simple thing to fix and your dealer should absorb the cost... have a good read so you can be prepared.

S.
Thanks! I've been in touch via email with the dealer and they don't seem confrontational about it at all. They told me to keep an eye on it, and if the light comes back on, to get in touch with them and we'll get it worked out.
Maybe I'll get lucky and not have to fight for a repair.

dpassino

Postby dpassino » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:13 am

Well the used car dealership replaced the valve cut bypass valve, light was off, but 60 miles later it returned, with a totally different code... p1456. Anyone have experience with this code?

I looked it up and it is described as a very very small evap leak. I've read anywhere from Gas cap to a stuck/clogged vent control valve to a cracked charcoal canister.

If anyone has had this code, what was the problem you had?

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”