I need help!!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

1joker87

I need help!!

Postby 1joker87 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 pm

I have an 04 LE Platinum and my check engine light came on and it started stalling really bad, i hade a scanner hooked up to it and it threw out the code for the camshaft sensor, i replaced both of the sensors and it ran fine for a couple of miles and started stalling again... i havent been able to get the light turned off yet so i am wondering if i need to get the codes cleared and the ecu flashed for it to recognize the new sensors or if it could be something else... i also replaced the fuel filter.

Tech

Postby Tech » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:36 pm

check the oil level also....can't be low.
If you have a scanner with the capability or a lab scope, check the phase of the two sensors. Could be stretched chain. But before you freak out, check the oil level, check the connectors (make sure there's no oil in them and the tabs are locked on).

1joker87

Postby 1joker87 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Ok so I just had my oil changed (mobil 1 5w30) at the beginning of December so I didn't think that was it but I checked it anyway and it was three and a half quarts low... It is running just fine for now, but the new question is where in the world did all my oil go cause there is none on the ground ground or around the drain plug so I'm pretty sure it doesn't have q leak...

Tech

Postby Tech » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:39 pm

especially if you have a manual trans - you're burning it. The good news is, as long as you keep the oil up, your engine light issue will be ok. Otherwise it woulda been timing chain.....NOT good times....

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”