tranny flush...once again

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

pandarturo88

tranny flush...once again

Postby pandarturo88 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Okay, so I have a couple questions, should I change my tranny fluid before i leave on deployment ofr after? Also, If I just drain the fluid with the engine running, will it damage my tranny if I don't have ample fluid in there? like lets say it's pumping out 1QT every 10 seconds but my funnel can only handle 1/2QT in ten seconds. will my tranny get cooked?

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm

I'm going to go with...wait until you get back and can research it further. I'm sure tranny will last much longer if it's just left alone.

found

Postby found » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:47 am

to do a trans fluid flush you will need 2- 5 gal buckets. put 12 qts of atf in one bucket and leave the other one empty.

you will use the transmission cooler lines to add new fluid and also purge old fluid. you will need to do some research to find the direction of flow but once you have that stick the hose that is drawing fluid from the cooler into your new fluid and the other hose into the empty bucket. start it, let it run until the fluid in the bucket with the new is gone. then you have done a full flush.

the drain and fill you speak of is only about 35-40% of the fluid.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”