The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2005 Evap vent control valve replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martyf250

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: 2005 Evap vent control valve replacement Reply with quote

I have a SES light that comes and goes. has read gross evap leak. i suspect a bad or clogged vent control valve. What is the best way to get at this part. I dropped the spare tire and see a black plastic box. The bolt is rusted to take the box out and will need to get bolt extractor if that is where it's located. appreciate the help
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will need to do this soon too. I actually have a new VCV, bought from Rock Auto.

Haven't even looked at how to go about it yet.

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 250000kms - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, By-passed water/oil transmission cooler, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, BFG T/A KO 265/75/16
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the bolt you couldn't loosen? Neither could I!

However, after rattling around with my impact gun for a while, I seem to have loosened something up on the VCV, the SES light hasn't come on for over a week since then...

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 250000kms - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, By-passed water/oil transmission cooler, Prostart Remote Starter, Bilstein 4600 rear shocks, BFG T/A KO 265/75/16
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, the SES light came on today again. DOH!

martyf250

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to remove the vent control valve...i understad there are wings on it but i turn it a little bit and then try to pull it out and cant get it to pop out! So little room to work with not to mention i snapped the 1 bolt tht hold it in place already! PLEASE help
Tech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get it out without taking the cannister out. There is one little tab on the top left that you unhook to be able to turn the thing counter clockwise. It will only come out when you have it in the right position, about 11 o clock. Put tension on it outward and wiggle back and forth when you get to about 11.

there is also an evap vent/filter kit you may need to install. Involves drilling a couple holes.

If you find mud/sediment in your VCV, you still have to drop the cannister and check for mud. Or you'll be risking your new VCV and pressure sensor (also on the cannister).

Anyone selling their "wood-grain"?

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ME, I DON'T EXIST!!
martyf250

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get it out with some difficulty and cleaned it out the best i could. there was definitely some caked mud in the holes of the VCV. hit it with electrical cleaner and then some WD40 in case the spring was corroded. I was able to get it back in with some more difficulty and then reset the code (disconnect battery)....been driving for a bit and cross fingers no SES light yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: