Death Valley Driving Time Lapse

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

RacerZX
Site Admin

Death Valley Driving Time Lapse

Postby RacerZX » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

How to get your Pathfinder to cross Death Valley National Park, from Rhyolite Nevada to the Eureka Dunes, in 11 minutes... :wink:

http://youtu.be/b60AZXU6yXo?hd=1

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:58 am

Very cool. I downloaded the 1080(60? 30? 24?)p version and watched it in my office, but just about threw up & really had the motion sickness feeling :shock:

Also, I thought you were capturing this with one of those little cams that all the bikers, skiers, etc. use, but when I searched for the Optimus Prime, I found that it is basically a tablet (I searched before I watched the video)? How the hell did you keep all the dust out of it? I'd imagine just one car passing you would be enough to cake the thing in dust.

Fun stuff though. I liked your previous highway trip vid & would love to do that for the more interesting trips I take. I'll have to do some digging.

RacerZX
Site Admin

Postby RacerZX » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:12 am

Ha, yeah, I should add the motion sickness disclaimer, it'll ruin your lunch if you're susceptible to that :P

Optimus Prime is a Transformer :wink:, a Transformer Prime is the latest Android tablet from ASUS. It'll shoot 1080P video (30fps), and has a time lapse function to take an image once every 1 second on up to like 1 a minute. The very excessive battery life and small sturdy construction makes it easy to play with (recording, it'll last about 5 hours, or I've found the application to last about 12 before it crashes if you give it extra juice).

Since it's a tablet I'm really not worried about dust, the unit is basically sealed unlike a traditional laptop that would have vents and fans and such. That being said dust has really not been a problem at all, haven't even taken a bug hit yet.

FLiPMaRC

Postby FLiPMaRC » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

8) Awesome time lapse. I had to stop it because I was feeling dizzy :lol:

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 am

way cool. makes me want to do that after i get some non OE tires :)

might drag my buddy and his 4x4 frontier along too

Return to “General Automotive”