The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2013 path.no climate controls when engine is cold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edward

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: 2013 path.no climate controls when engine is cold Reply with quote

This car is still under warranty at 10k miles.I simply dont have the time to go running to the dealer right away.was hoping someone might know a simple fix.In real cold weather, under 25f, ice cold engine, I start it up and the climate control panel is completely dead for at least 5mins.No fan, no a/c, no rear defrost, no rear climate controls either.Doesnt seem to come on until the engine temp gauge comes up a tiny bit.Doesnt matter if I shut the engine off with it turned on or turnedoff.I dont get it.Now I hear snow is coming my way.I need this fixed.Any ideas out there? Going to the dealer is just a hassle.Thanks guys.Ed.Update.....I checked the owners manual.It is possible I was turning the heat on wrong.The manual says for heat only, press the A/C button.I normally dont turn on a/c switches for heat but I can only try and see how it goes the next few days.Geez.
:oops:Update.Theres something loose.It would not function today until I slapped the side of it like a red headed stepchild.Did that twice today.Back to the dealer we go.
JayArras

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't it great when we can solve our own problems? Very Happy

Thanks for posting your diagnosis. Personally, the dealer is the first place I would have gone. They would have given you a loaner car. I understand that it's a hassle, especially if the dealer is a distance away, but on a new car, these kinds of things are unacceptable and you should hold your dealer accountable for them.
edward

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having the dead controls problem.been checked 4 times.replaced control head once too.gotta get the nissan complaint number.or lemon law.
edward

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a phone vid of the cold weather heater prob.having to hit the dash to make it power up sometimes.service manager emaild it to nissan tech.sayin there gonna change the auto amplifier.wonder what that is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: