Hesitation/stall?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

cdretc

Hesitation/stall?

Postby cdretc » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:11 pm

07 Pathfinder. When cold outside there is a hesitation/stall that lasts for a fraction of a second and then the engine picks up again. No error codes. I put an instrument on and there is a RPM drop when it happens. Seems to only occur in the winter; certainly it is very frequent when it is cold outside. It can occur at any RPM. Any ideas what this could be? I have advanced monitors, but don't know what to look for. I even thought that it might be a transmission/dif issue (but can happen with 2WD or 4WD...haven't tried 4WD low). Thanks for any suggestions.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Re: Hesitation/stall?

Postby smj999smj » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:56 am

Assuming the spark plugs are the correct type and are not due for replacement, it's hard to say without a code triggering. Maybe a coil pack or one of the cam/crank position sensors are starting to fail, but that's just an educated guess. It may be nothing at all. It may be something to just keep an eye on, at the moment.

cdretc

Re: Hesitation/stall?

Postby cdretc » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 am

It's been going on for many winters now. Drove her this morning and nothing, nada, not a single hickup. It's crazy cold today (much colder than yesterday...i didn't even understand why my brakes were not biting until I decided to warm them up :lol: ). This is driving me crazy!!!!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”