Hello from the Finger Lakes

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

EricPath

Hello from the Finger Lakes

Postby EricPath » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:38 am

Hello.
I found this group because I have an unusual problem that my mechanic and the closest Nissan dealer could not solve. But I will get to that later in the appropriate section.
I have a 17 Pathfinder. I am quite happy with it. A lot of power, a lot of space for taking kids to college with all their stuff. And great in the hilly and snowy Finger Lakes of New York State, USA.
My previous car was a little Saturn commuter car, because that was what we could afford at the time and it worked okay for all the driving that I had been doing. I drove that for many years until it could no longer be fixed.
Before that I had a Jeep Cherokee Sport (1992), which previous to the Pathfinder was my favorite car. Great in winter, very efficient use of space. At the time I was a mobile DJ and I could fit all my equipment in there including some decent size speakers. But when I got married it was pretty old and getting tough to repair, so we bought the little commuter car for me.
When that car started to die we went looking for another car for me. I was originally looking for something in the compact SUV range, trying to balance good space for kids and affordability. I was originally looking at Jeep, but the price for a vehicle with that name on it was ridiculous. And from my reading the quality of the Jeep brand had been going down, and they no longer made the Cherokee Sport. So I made a list of other brands and we started looking. The first we looked at was Nissan.
We test drove the Rogue and did not like it. Then my wife suggested we look at the larger car, the Pathfinder. No way was I going to object to that. She hated the minivan that we had, but loved the space, so was quite happy to be able to drive a comfortable car, and let me drive the bigger vehicle. We tested the Pathfinder and like it and bought it (it was a year old with less than 20k miles on it).
It is not perfect. It is a longer car than my old Jeep, which makes it harder to parallel park, but the rear camera helps. And a remote back lift-gate would be nice (and I think is on the most expensive version of the car) but overall I am very happy with it. Good internal space, great power, easy to fold the seats, much better gas mileage than I expected, comfortable drive, good in the snow. Overall quite happy.
Now if I could just get that heater problem solved... ;)
Eric

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Hello from the Finger Lakes

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:59 am

Eric,

welcome to thenissanpath your new hoe away form home! :D
For specific problem question please check the subforum that deals with your generation (called R52) of pathfinder.

Again welcome!!! :):)

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”