Do these diff breather extension fit our Pathys?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Do these diff breather extension fit our Pathys?

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:00 pm

silverarrow27

Re: Do these diff breather extension fit our Pathys?

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 am

The one from xterraperformance indicates their kit is for solid axles only, no rear independent suspension.

The offroadgorilla version may be the same.

I actually haven't really paid attention to the rear diff and if it comes with a factory breather. For whatever reason, I thought I remember reading an old thread by rrpogoa(sp?) that when he installed an ARB rear locker, he had to drill a hole for the air line and a breather? I could be wrong though and it was just for the air line. I'm suppose to be taking my rear suspension apart again tomorrow since I need to have the eccentric bushings installed in my rear uca to fix my camber due to the lift. While I'm under there, I'll take a looksee.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:45 am

silverarrow27 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 am
The one from xterraperformance indicates their kit is for solid axles only, no rear independent suspension.

The offroadgorilla version may be the same.

I actually haven't really paid attention to the rear diff and if it comes with a factory breather. For whatever reason, I thought I remember reading an old thread by rrpogoa(sp?) that when he installed an ARB rear locker, he had to drill a hole for the air line and a breather? I could be wrong though and it was just for the air line. I'm suppose to be taking my rear suspension apart again tomorrow since I need to have the eccentric bushings installed in my rear uca to fix my camber due to the lift. While I'm under there, I'll take a looksee.
I saw that note as wel about only solid axle.
But I am not 100% sure that is correct.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:27 am

The only difference I can see is possibly the breather nipple on the solid axle may be a difference size than what comes on an independent suspension diff.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”