XTP intake spacer installed

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

CRC11007

XTP intake spacer installed

Postby CRC11007 » Sun May 02, 2021 2:53 pm

With the Pathy hitting 175k, I figured it was time for a tune-up. The NGK iridiums had 90k on them, and replaced one coil a couple years back. I got the NGK ruthenium plugs, and 5 more Hitachi coils, in addition to the XTP intake spacer. The plugs were definitely showing their age when I pulled them out. The intake valves looked really clean from what I could tell. The spacer went in easily, but here is my question. Did anyone bother to fab up a new bracket for the intake plenum where it attaches behind the throttle body? It seems solid enough without the bracket, but I wanted to see what others had come up with. The truck feels strong after the new parts!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: XTP intake spacer installed

Postby palmerwmd » Tue May 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Sounds like you are going the right direction.
Sorry I cant help with the question but your work as well as your inspection results are very encouraging :)

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue May 04, 2021 11:15 pm

Some fit by just threading the bolts into the plenum so that they sorta "clamp" the top of the bracket. I did that with mine, but the bolt holes were actually a little under the top of the bracket, so I had to round file a lit bit of the bracket away to allow the bolts to thread in without any issues.

CRC11007

Postby CRC11007 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:55 pm

That makes sense. I was able to pinch the bracket with the bolts without putting too much upward force on the plenum. Feels rock solid now, thanks guys.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”