Prg lift

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Harley1905

Prg lift

Postby Harley1905 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:14 am

Just curious if everyone who has done the prg puck lift needed to do anything additional to make it work, such as longer shocks in the rear and brake lines? Or is it completely compatible with stock shocks and lines

silverarrow27

Re: Prg lift

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:19 am

I didn't do the pucks, but by going off PRG's site it looks like plug and play to me. The site suggest they have longer Bilstein 4600s for the rear available, but doesn't say it's required by any means. Even the members on here that swapped out the rear springs for Armada springs doesn't have to do anything for rear shocks or brake lines.

I have rear OME shocks and springs and although it looks like the factory rear brake lines would have cleared, I ended up getting longer brake lines anyway as a precaution.

Neeginan

Re: Prg lift

Postby Neeginan » Fri May 28, 2021 9:36 am

I have the PRG 1 1/2 inch lift front and rear. You probably need longer rear shocks if you have stock. I had the Bilstein 4600 rear shocks already, part #24-197434. They are sold for the R51 Pathfinder to support up to a 2 inch lift. But you must get the part number that I provided - supposedly there is a shorter Bilstein 4600 that can fit the Pathy that wouldn't support the lift.

At 1 1/2 lift in the front, there will be contact between the upper control arm at the coil bucket at full drop. So you can install the bump stops so there is no metal on metal contact if you like. Or you can go to town and replace the upper control arms with aftermarket. Or you can do what I did which so far is neither. I left it as is. I jacked the front wheels off the ground to analyze the contact and it looked like it was really just barely touching at full droop, but touching none the less. The type of roads I am on, it's not like my front wheels are off the ground much if ever. So I decided it was not necessary for me. I was thinking it may be more important to put a taller lower bump stop to avoid blowing out the shock internal stop if I compress the suspension too much over a big bump. I haven't yet, but I may.

If you don't have the camber bolts front and rear, you will need those to be able to get the alignment close to spec. You may not be completely in spec, but you will have the front and rear toe in spec which is critical to avoid burning tires up. The front caster and the rear camber may be slightly out of spec, but not enough to matter imho.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”