Bee Canyon Truck Trail - Hemet, CA

Use that 4x4 switch on your Path and go get dirty!

Moderator: volvite

silverarrow27

Bee Canyon Truck Trail - Hemet, CA

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:36 pm

First time out on a trail. Forgive my noob status...

30 psi in tires...should have went with my original plan and go down to 20.

https://youtu.be/pbgsyVX_5DI

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Bee Canyon Truck Trail - Hemet, CA

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:09 pm

silverarrow27 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:36 pm
First time out on a trail. Forgive my noob status...

30 psi in tires...should have went with my original plan and go down to 20.

https://youtu.be/pbgsyVX_5DI
You did us proud

Great to see the two Nissans on the trail and you representing with your nicely sorted R51!! :D

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 am

Thanks, definitely a noob on trails. I have to learn to take my time on obstacles so I can learn the Pathy better.

Looks like a front locker is in the future though.

TooMuchControl

Postby TooMuchControl » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 pm

This is a nice video! Thank you!
As I was watching I thought, man, I wonder what a Lokka would do.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:03 am

I was thinking Lokka also, but I don't think they make it for the M205 in the V8 Pathy and I then I was thinking I probably wouldn't like the Lokka if I or my wife ever put it in Auto mode during the winter/spring. I think I'm going to go with a front ARB locker then do the rear later. I found out recently that CJD Racing which specializes in Nissan suspension is also in Hemet. I shot them an email on Friday evening to see if they can help with the rear suspension for more travel or go custom rear SAS. If I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I'll give them a call or drive down there to visit the shop and try to get an answer. Seeing as how we share the same frame as the Frontier, Xterra, & Titan(purposely leaving out Armada because of IRS), somehow their rear live axle can be custom fitted onto the Pathy.

I love the Pathy and need the 3 row seating so I would definitely prefer to throw money at the Pathy than to buy another "toy" just for doing trails.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:45 am

A little update for anyone that cares, CJD Racing can custom a 4 link solid rear axle using a Frontier or Titan axle in the rear. I plan to Titan swap the front so I may go with the Titan rear axle so I don't have to deal with spacers and I can run 6x5.5 pattern wheels. I just have to do a little more research before committing to CJD to do this. I would like to make sure the Titan rear axle will line up evenly or pretty close to a front Titan swap first. If the Titan rear axle sticks out too much then I may go with the Frontier axle instead.

Cost estimated is roughly around $5k plus or minus. I haven't asked what the time frame is yet on how long this project will undertake. Because I bought my Pathy from the rust belt, I'm sort of searching for a rust-free v8 now or should I just go ahead with my current one. I plan to keep it long term as I like the wheel base and platform.

My goal is to complete the trail in the video and then conquer other similar or more difficult trails than this one outside of rock crawling.

Return to “Offroad Adventures”