HVAC Temperature Control

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

NWPathfinder

HVAC Temperature Control

Postby NWPathfinder » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:26 am

Hey All,

I can't remember where I read it, on here, so I'm just going to start a new thread.

So I was having trouble with my temperature(HVAC) inside the vehicle, it would either blow cold or luke warm and nothing in between. At first I thought it was a blend door, or a stuck valve but, after doing some digging in here somebody suggested cleaning the Themistor/fan in the Dash. Now like I said, I can't remember what thread I read it or who pointed it out but, I'm super happy to report after removing it from the dash, (2 screws) and unplugging the connector, dusting it out and re-installing; I have proper heat control again!!!!

I had no idea that unit was in the dash, I just assumed it was a draw vent for cabin temp, little did I realize that it had a powered fan behind it!!!

Hope this helps somebody else in the future!
Cheers

Wahooo

Re: HVAC Temperature Control

Postby Wahooo » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:39 pm

Right on.
Got any pics of this Themistor/fan in the Dash location?
Maybe it's a good preventative maintenance.

mrkaras

Postby mrkaras » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:52 am

sounds like something I need to look into too

mrkaras

Postby mrkaras » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:31 pm

I had a look, its here for anyone that needs to find it and yes, there was a tittle module with a fan and a thermistor. mine was a bit dusty but it would still have been able to spin, so I'll see if it makes any difference but I'm not expecting much
Thermister location.png
I just pulled the glove box all the way out past its normal stops and reached round to undo the 2 torx head screws

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”