Longer sway bar links for 2-inch lift?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

labsy

Longer sway bar links for 2-inch lift?

Postby labsy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:45 am

Hi guyz,

I've put 2-inch lift with OME front and rear struts/dampers kit on my 2006 Pathfinder. As old struts were already worn out and compressed a bit, it actually added some 3 inches of lift in reality. Nice looking, good ride off-road, but kind of boaty feeling on some fast driven irregularities on highway, but nothing critical.

One sway bar link is worn out, I will replace both. No big deal.
But hey...should I get longer links? Because vehicle is lifted 2 inches. Maybe 1 inch longer sway bar links?
Actually... here nearby is a company, which manufactures those links - I can easily order any length.
What ya say?

silverarrow27

Re: Longer sway bar links for 2-inch lift?

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:51 am

Get adjustable ones so you can fine tune it to your particular vehicle.

labsy

Postby labsy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:39 pm

I am afraid that's out of budget, and also I have no idea where to get those in Europe. Googled, but found nothing usefull.
Still looking for info on whether to prolong new sway bar links for half of inch or inch maybe....or better not.

myself

Postby myself » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:29 pm

recently considered this myself, and was most likely going to cut a set of stock replacements and thread them with a die, then add a coupling nut to make it adjustable.

the difference in swaybar angle from stock to a 2" lift really isnt much, and there isnt a lot of room between the outer tie rods and end of the swaybar to get a longer link in there.

so, i opted to pass on it. really doesnt seem like a necessary hassle for what would likely be a negligible change in road feel and handling.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”