Driver-side door air leak and wind noise

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

SoloVoyager

Driver-side door air leak and wind noise

Postby SoloVoyager » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:50 pm

In the frigid north where I live, I've detected this situation. It seems to be around the window frame all around. Mine's a 2007 Pathy. Probably never been replaced before.

I've read here, on the forum, that others have replaced their door seals to solve the problem. Is it straightforward, or a pro needed? Are they glued in? I'd prefer not to bring my Patty into a dealer to replace at their prices.

Anyone have a guide on how to replace them, and whether any other parts have to be removed to get them out and new ones in?

SV

TooMuchControl

Re: Driver-side door air leak and wind noise

Postby TooMuchControl » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:47 pm

LOL.

Now you have me thinking about the same thing! Super inexpensive online ~30 USD for a door.
Would be interesting if a new set simply will improve the wind noise issue.

After I had a Krown Rus Proof package, I noticed that my seals sagged down a bit. Never thought of wind noise being caused around the door sill.

Thanks for advancing this topic, I'm energized to a have peek at mine tomorrow and see what's involved.

TooMuchControl

Re: Driver-side door air leak and wind noise

Postby TooMuchControl » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:24 pm

I found this online, and it seems a fantastic way to isolate and find weatherstrip / trim issues.

Called up my local Nissan dealer and it's 65 CAD + taxes for each door. Could get pricey, so it's worth testing to see if there is an actual seal issue, trim, or mis-aligned panel that's the culprit.

The weatherstrip install seems a very simple self install with pins on the doors. No glue.

I would think the method in the video would be pretty efficient as it creates the necessary cross direction to test angles that may be hard to duplicate just driving around.

Looks like a mini project this weekend, weather permitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFGtGrv784

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”