Cruise Control - Feels Jittery - Any Ideas?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Aspenite

Cruise Control - Feels Jittery - Any Ideas?

Postby Aspenite » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Hey everyone...
I just bought my first Pathfinder a few days ago.
It's a 2001 LE 4x4.

I was using the cruise control for the first time and it doesn't feel like it's able to maintain the RPM/Speed smoothly. Now my comparison is to a 2006 Nissan Murano that my friends own and I've driven on multiple occassions. Is it possible that part of the Cruise Control set up needs replaced?
Or is this a normal characteristic for this year Pathfinder?

Thanks for the help!

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:59 pm

Does it happen on fairly flat roads or just in hilly situations?

Aspenite

Postby Aspenite » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:07 pm

It happens on flat freeway's.

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:40 am

I wouldn't think it's supposed to do that, especially on a flat road. I think the cruise control is working correctly, but there may be something with the tuning of the engine. Have you done any maintenance to it yet? Maybe change the plugs check the transmission oil to see that it's full. Check that all the wires are secure especially the grounds. Grounding points can cause all kinds of weird symptoms. Download the service manual and see if there are any clues in the troubleshooting section of the cruise control.

Aspenite

Postby Aspenite » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanks for the info.
It has 109K miles, had the 90K mile service done by the dealership and also the 15K mile service at 105K with the plugs changed. So I would hope it would be fine. I'm heading out on a road trip for a few weeks to Colorado, so I'll keep using it and see if I can identify any additional patterns or related symptoms.
Appreciate the input!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”