Bilstein 4600 + Moog Springs

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

PF Flyer

Bilstein 4600 + Moog Springs

Postby PF Flyer » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:51 am

Howdy, I am at 160k miles and I believe it is time to swap out the struts and springs. In my research, it sounds like the Bilstein 4600s with the Moog rear springs are the way to go and give an improved ride quality.

I often tow a boat and I have a rooftop tent thats adding 125lbs up top at all times. I do some overlanding but no crazy trails, no lift and would like to avoid a lift if possible.

Given that info, am I thinking that setup is still the best for my situation or is there another setup i should be considering or jumping at? Thanks in advance!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Bilstein 4600 + Moog Springs

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:36 pm

I have the Moog springs and KYB ajust a shocks in the rear.
very happy with them.
I am sure the 4600 will work well for you too but I have no personal experience with them on this vehicle (I do have them on my XTerra PRO4X where they are factory fit)

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:16 pm

I have the 4600's and the Moog's The Moogs started off pretty hard but, I was pleased with the Extra ride height. Under load they perform beautifully and give a real planted feel the Pathfinder. I towed a 4600 lb Travel trailer this year and was very please with the way it handled the weight.

donaldpath

Postby donaldpath » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:36 pm

NWPathfinder wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:16 pm
I have the 4600's and the Moog's The Moogs started off pretty hard but, I was pleased with the Extra ride height. Under load they perform beautifully and give a real planted feel the Pathfinder. I towed a 4600 lb Travel trailer this year and was very please with the way it handled the weight.
Did you tow with air lift/bags or not?
From my readings, it seemed Moogs might only be slightly stiffer than stock coils, but may sag/squat when towing. I'm interested in your take. Thanks in advance.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”