1987 pathfinder transcooler lines

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

jklegg

1987 pathfinder transcooler lines

Postby jklegg » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:21 pm

hi folks, new here. Believe me I have search for days before asking. I need both trans cooler lines all the metal lines all the way back, does anyone know where there is a picture of where the lines go into the tranny ? I found one line that"s a banjo bolt, but I cannot fine the other line, its completely hidden. only picture i found after hours searching online, is an old, old ink drawing that's so poorly drawn you can barely see it, I saw a video of a next generation pathfinder, but it has one line on each side, on my car, they both go to the drivers side behind the oil pan and disappear. I did drive the car before I bought it, we topped off the transmission and i drove about 100 yards went through all gears fine, just one of the cooler lines spraying fine mist. any help much appreciated. Im already assuming I"ll have to fabricate the lines my self once I get them off the car.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: 1987 pathfinder transcooler lines

Postby palmerwmd » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:17 pm

Sir,

I do not have the answer to your questions (an '87 is rare) but I PMed our Subject Matter Expert(s) with a link to your post.

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:04 pm

Exact location depends on the engine, RWD/4WD, and 3-spd or 4-spd, but the parts drawings show both fittings are banjos on the lefthand side on all models, one aft of the bellhousing and the other just forward of the trans mount. On the VG30 RWD 4-spd the front banjo is perpendicular to the tranny axis.

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:16 pm

I see in the other post that it's a VG30 RWD. Looks like I misread the diagram, on blowing it up the banjoes are both parallel. The attachment tab in here still doesn't work, but here's a link to the parts diagram with the approximate locations highlighted: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12XzDdL ... sp=sharing

jklegg

Postby jklegg » Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:22 am

thank you, I have it parked at work right now, and limited to the time i can spend, because of security cams, now I know where the banjo bolts are I can start. from the looks of the diagram, Im hoping i can leave the banjos attached ( the leak is a corroded piece by the oil pan, bone dry on the driver side. but im prepared too just get some bulk line and start making some lines.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”