Radio problems

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

stitcho

Radio problems

Postby stitcho » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:17 am

So I've had my 06 Pathy now for about 6 months and I'm completely baffled as to what's going on with my radio.

Some days I'll get no radio signal at all, no static, nothing, and changing the preset channels takes about 20-30seconds (and still nothing). Sometimes though the radio will just come on out of the blue and will be absolutely fine for a few minutes, or even a couple of days, but then at some point it will cut out again and nothing.

I thought it might be a faulty antenna but when I do get reception its perfect with no interference. My next thought was maybe a loose aerial connection on the back of the unit but I don't have a clue as to where to start looking for that. I was going to replace the whole system but funds don't allow it at the moment. This isn't the Bose system.

silverarrow27

Re: Radio problems

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:40 pm

If you're familiar with audio systems in general, just check for the antenna cable that plugs into the rear of the factory head unit. You can't miss it, looks like a coax cable with a 1/4" pigtail(not exactly 1/4" but you'll know what i'm talking about once you see it) on it.

Return to “R51 Electrical”