CSF Aluminum Radiator Discount

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

silverarrow27

CSF Aluminum Radiator Discount

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:47 pm

Just in case anyone is looking to replace their radiator some time soon. Found a vendor in FL that has a little discount on them today which I purchased through. I have no affiliation with them, was just looking for the cheapest place to purchase an all aluminum CSF 2 core radiator and came up on this website. It's like a 9-10% discount which brings it from $349.99 down to $317.30 once you add it to your shopping cart. Looks like CA and FL residents are taxed, but with free shipping.

https://www.tunersports.com/csf-7029-ra ... 81324.html

I would eventually like to try to move over to Evans Waterless Coolant, but need to do more research first so that probably won't happen until next year.

ShipFixer

Re: CSF Aluminum Radiator Discount

Postby ShipFixer » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:47 am

Still very happy with mine, three years later.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:01 am

Hmm, interesting.. I have to check where in FL they are...

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback ShipFixer. Glad to know! Got an email notification this evening that it's shipped so time to buy a waterpump, thermostat, and rear plastic heater piece at the firewall(gotta find the thread with the part # for this piece) while I have the coolant drained from replacing the radiator. My radiator in the 2008 falls under one of the part #s that are likely to fail and cause SMOD. I haven't even checked if the previous owners bypassed the radiator, but I'd like to utilize the radiator to cool the transmission.

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:15 am

Well, I don't know how accurate this post is as it's 7 yrs old, but it does worry me a bit.

viewtopic.php?t=12333

Looks like the CSF aluminum radiator didn't work out for this v8 owner. However, I wish this particular member would have shown pics showing what didn't work out though. I guess we'll find out once I get mine installed.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 am

silverarrow27 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:15 am
Well, I don't know how accurate this post is as it's 7 yrs old, but it does worry me a bit.

viewtopic.php?t=12333

Looks like the CSF aluminum radiator didn't work out for this v8 owner. However, I wish this particular member would have shown pics showing what didn't work out though. I guess we'll find out once I get mine installed.
I seem to dimly recall years ago there were "problems" with the CSF rad and they were discontinued.
That they are now back on the market, tells me they are product improved to address whatever the issue was.

I keep my fingers crossed your install goes smooth. :D

Return to “R51 General Chat”