Converting Fiat currency into car/truck/SUV parts.

Anything automotive in nature, be it Nissan or one of those "other" manufacturers.

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Converting Fiat currency into car/truck/SUV parts.

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:43 pm

I just wanted to share some thoughts with the board.
I believe the US dollar is getting hollowed out and right now it has the most value it will ever have.

So how to respond?

Put things in savings accounts? With interest rates less than inflation that is like negative interest so no point to put $$ into bank accounts.

Buy Gold and Silver? yes that is one way and I have done that.

But also there are a hole bunch of other tangibles one may put their money in.

Under normal conditions I would probably hold off on replacing the tires on my Xterra (Hankook Dynapro ATM with 30000 miles on them).
Even though they dont look too bad I feel there is less of an incentive to save money now as it devalues in the bank.

So I will likely replace them soon. Either with the same tire of maybe spend a bit extra and go with Michelins.

I guess the point I am making is this
-Car prices have risen so your rides are now worth significantly more than they were a year ago. So they are more "deserving" of investing into keeping them good as replacing them will now be more expensive. (And as we said before the Pathfinder is hard to match anyway for the price as it is).
- Incidentally Nissan is still holding the Prices for the 2022 Pathfinders at bay. Despite being a recent redesigns they have not risen with the industry average despite the near universal glowing reviews.
Something to consider.
- Other long lasting items that will always have value are good tools, and firearms.
Quality revolvers, AR15s, ammunition will hold their value forever.
-It is only a matter of time until auto parts like tires, shocks etc will rise also. So maybe this is the time to replace those shocks or tires you been meaning to take care of but that are still kinda/sorta "OK".

I believe there is a disincentive now to leaving the money sitting in the bank.

silverarrow27

Re: Converting Fiat currency into car/truck/SUV parts.

Postby silverarrow27 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:37 pm

Talking about saving money. My boss traded in his older model VW for a new exact model and the dealership gave him $1k for it only because it had a coolant leak. Point being is that he'd save a whole lot more money just by fixing the coolant leak than trading it in for a new car with a monthly payment between $5-700 /month. If I knew he traded it in for $1k, I would have taken it off his hands and flipped it for more $$$$

Otherwise, my other investments would be cryptocurrency : ) It's in the crapper right now like the stock market, but wait for that bull run to take off! Best time to invest at the bottom of the market, the only way it's going next is UP *$Ching $Ching $Ching $Ching :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: "

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:17 pm

silverarrow27 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:37 pm
Talking about saving money. My boss traded in his older model VW for a new exact model and the dealership gave him $1k for it only because it had a coolant leak. Point being is that he'd save a whole lot more money just by fixing the coolant leak than trading it in for a new car with a monthly payment between $5-700 /month. If I knew he traded it in for $1k, I would have taken it off his hands and flipped it for more $$$$

Otherwise, my other investments would be cryptocurrency : ) It's in the crapper right now like the stock market, but wait for that bull run to take off! Best time to invest at the bottom of the market, the only way it's going next is UP *$Ching $Ching $Ching $Ching :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: "
I was thinking about cryptocurrency a lot too.
But ultimately just like savings account it is just electrons on someones else's server.
I keep most of my savings in real estate precious metals and firearms. :P

silverarrow27

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:51 am

You should reconsider cryptocurrency, get in early on some good projects and it can take off. Some projects takes years...you get in on those shitty meme coins and you may become a millionaire in under a year if you're lucky. I was up $70k in November 2021 with an initial $1500 investment. That took about 6 months to happen. I haven't cashed out yet because I'm waiting for the next bull run to jump me into the six or possibly even seven figure bracket. Crossing fingers with diamond hands!

lesrola

Postby lesrola » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:25 pm

backroomsI have rear OME shocks and springs, and although the original rear brake lines seem to have cleared, I ended up obtaining larger brake lines as a precaution.

Return to “General Automotive”