Restorer for dash fading

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

ghostlead509

Restorer for dash fading

Postby ghostlead509 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:25 am

I have the tan interior on my 2009 SE. It has the usual fading on the interior dash plastic and I was wondering if anyone knows something that can restore the color/shine/UV protect the TAN interior. Everything I find, only discusses black interior plastic and vinyl. Thanks

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Restorer for dash fading

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:59 am

ghostlead509 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:25 am
I have the tan interior on my 2009 SE. It has the usual fading on the interior dash plastic and I was wondering if anyone knows something that can restore the color/shine/UV protect the TAN interior. Everything I find, only discusses black interior plastic and vinyl. Thanks
The Meguirs "Back-to-Black" will also work if memory serves.
Dont let the name "black" fool you its colorless and tries unfade the plastics.

There was another product out there I dont quite remember right now. I will post it up if it comes to me.
The non-shiny version of Armor All also works but there may have been something better too.
I will stop by Advanced Auto and have a look at their products today or tomorrow.
Maybe it will jolt my memory.

silverarrow27

Re: Restorer for dash fading

Postby silverarrow27 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:49 pm

303 works great for me. I know there are new "ceramic" interior cleaners out in the market now which I haven't tried that may be better or worse than 303.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”