Crappy Nissan battery.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

User avatar
eieio
Sponsored Member
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:42 am
Location: Prescott, Az.

Postby eieio » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:14 am

forgottenzone wrote:I use to hse optimas on my previes vehicles. My company uses alot of batteries for equipment we have. Specisly we have a sit on floor scrsper and we use to use optims batteries. They would last long and outperform all. But let me tell you this the new optimas maybe going back 5 years now are nowhere as good as they use to be.
We use now odessey extreme batteries. I k ow they are expencive but they are worth it. 8 years warranty no questions asked. They use only new pure lead to make their batteries. Unlike other companies this is why they dont charge any core fees. They have very low discharge rate. They can sit in your car for a year without getting drained. The battery has 1500 crancking apms. 1050 cca at 32 deg, and 880 cca at 0 deg. And And yes i didnot pay for mine. Company did :)
The model numb for our pathy is 34R-PC1500


:shock: $266.58! :shock:


User avatar
smj999smj
Site Admin
Posts: 6049
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:13 pm
Location: Prospect, VA

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:55 pm

I think I'll stick with the Everstart MAXX batteries from Walmart for $80.

User avatar
volvite
Sponsored Member
Posts: 2180
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:06 pm
Location: Hill AFB, Utah West Point UT

Postby volvite » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

I agree with the Optima batteries not being as good as they used to be. I've gone with the Autozone platinum battery and it's been great so far.

User avatar
FLiPMaRC
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 pm
Location: NJ

Re:

Postby FLiPMaRC » Mon May 02, 2022 7:27 am

smj999smj wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:55 pm
I think I'll stick with the Everstart MAXX batteries from Walmart for $80.
I just replaced my 5yr old Everstart Maxx Grp35 last weekend. My friend that works at a local Nissan dealer recently tested it out, and it was still good. But at 5yrs old I wasn't comfortable running it. I replaced it with another Everstart Maxx Group 24F with 750CCA $120 :D

I use Everstart Maxx on all my vehicles.

TooMuchControl
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:41 pm
Location: Torontah

Re: Crappy Nissan battery.

Postby TooMuchControl » Mon May 02, 2022 2:47 pm

Had to replace an Everstart after one year. Went to Walmart and they replaced it.
Only time it gurgles is when it's below -20 DegC and I've left it sitting for a couple of days.

Walmart's are plentiful, so it's an easy return, and the stores hours are open later.
Could come in handy on a bad day when you have a dead battery on a Saturday and the auto parts store is closed.

Glad I don't drive a Prius.
The car battery costs over $1000 and AAA/CAA doesn't even supply them if you break down.
So much for saving gas money.

User avatar
VStar650CL
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Re: Crappy Nissan battery.

Postby VStar650CL » Mon May 02, 2022 3:05 pm

TooMuchControl wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 2:47 pm
Had to replace an Everstart after one year. Went to Walmart and they replaced it.
Only time it gurgles is when it's below -20 DegC and I've left it sitting for a couple of days.

Walmart's are plentiful, so it's an easy return, and the stores hours are open later.
Could come in handy on a bad day when you have a dead battery on a Saturday and the auto parts store is closed.
I'm with you, there are cheap a$$ Everstarts in both our Alties and a Wally a half mile from our front door. To Wally's credit, the one in the wife's '13 is now 4+ years and the one in my '04 is 3+ according to the previous owner's receipts. Not a lick of trouble from either one, even in this year's nasty Jan~Feb.

User avatar
smj999smj
Site Admin
Posts: 6049
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:13 pm
Location: Prospect, VA

Re: Crappy Nissan battery.

Postby smj999smj » Sat May 14, 2022 2:33 am

With the purchase of the '12 Xterra to replace my Pathy, I decided to go with a Diehard Platinum AGM battery from Advance Auto Parts. It was $209 at the time, which was earlier this year. It's made by Clarios, which bought out Johnson Controls, and has a 3-year replacement warranty. Compared to the Red top Optima, warranty was the same but it was $60 cheaper. I'll see how it works out!

User avatar
palmerwmd
Site Admin
Posts: 1986
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:45 am
Location: Mid Atlantic

Re: Crappy Nissan battery.

Postby palmerwmd » Tue May 17, 2022 7:13 pm

smj999smj wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:33 am
With the purchase of the '12 Xterra to replace my Pathy, I decided to go with a Diehard Platinum AGM battery from Advance Auto Parts. It was $209 at the time, which was earlier this year. It's made by Clarios, which bought out Johnson Controls, and has a 3-year replacement warranty. Compared to the Red top Optima, warranty was the same but it was $60 cheaper. I'll see how it works out!
Maybe now you'll be more offroad adventurous so the tilt safety of the AGM battery will be useful :)

User avatar
smj999smj
Site Admin
Posts: 6049
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:13 pm
Location: Prospect, VA

Re: Crappy Nissan battery.

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 20, 2022 10:56 am

With the overtime at the prison, the closest I get to going off-road is my driveway after the rain! Going back to batteries, I remember when I started working with Nissan, they used to sell fresh-packed batteries. We would get the Nissan batteries shipped to the dealer and then would purchase battery acid from the local auto parts store. We would pull the caps, install the acid into each cell, put the caps back on and then slow-charge the battery overnight. While it insured a fresh battery, it wasn't an ideal situation for the mechanics. A little spill and brush-against with your uniform and your uniform would look like Swiss cheese after you washed them! A few years later, we would just get the Nissan batteries from the Interstate battery distributor already filled.


Return to “R51 Electrical”

cron