Head unit doesn't turn on

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

ghostlead509

Head unit doesn't turn on

Postby ghostlead509 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm

I have a 2009 with the bose system no nav, but has the screen, and the head unit does not power on when the vehicle starts. My wife jump started it, but other than that there has been no electrical work done. Any help would be appreciated. Checked the fuses and none are blown. Thanks!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: Head unit doesn't turn on

Postby palmerwmd » Fri May 20, 2022 1:43 pm

ghostlead509 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm
I have a 2009 with the bose system no nav, but has the screen, and the head unit does not power on when the vehicle starts. My wife jump started it, but other than that there has been no electrical work done. Any help would be appreciated. Checked the fuses and none are blown. Thanks!
The bose is infamous for after enough years to simply go out.

A skilled stereo shop could repair it but they generally dont want to, since they are unsure how long it will take them to find the issue and fix so they may feel they cannot give u reliable pricing.

My advise to you is to get the exact replacement head unit from ebay simply install that ( or have someone install it)

VStar650CL

Postby VStar650CL » Fri May 20, 2022 3:35 pm

ghostlead509 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:48 pm
Did you check the fuses in the Fuse & Relay Box at the right rear of the engine box? The main B+ fuse for the head unit and Bose is there, not in the cabin fusebox. It's very common for that fuse to pop on a momentary reverse jump or even a sparky normal jump. I should add (unfortunately), if she reversed it there's a good chance the whole head unit is popped and not just the fuse.

ghostlead509

Postby ghostlead509 » Fri May 27, 2022 6:16 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. After about 2 weeks of trouble shooting, the head unit is out! So that sucks.... but this forum never lets me down and thanks again guys!

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Fri May 27, 2022 7:53 pm

ghostlead509 wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:16 pm
Thanks for all the help guys. After about 2 weeks of trouble shooting, the head unit is out! So that sucks.... but this forum never lets me down and thanks again guys!
We are happy to help!
Don't be a stranger and keep posting! :D

Return to “R51 Electrical”