How to Retrieve Song Library?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Zen_master

How to Retrieve Song Library?

Postby Zen_master » Tue May 31, 2022 9:57 am

Hi all - Does anyone know how to retrieve songs from the library in the R51 to another electronic device? My CD book was stolen years ago, leaving me with the R51 song library as the only complete catalog remaining of all those classics from back in the day. One day the inevitable will come where I will retire the old rig and unless I can pull the music collection from the truck, I'll be forced to rebuild the library the old fashioned way. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Re: How to Retrieve Song Library?

Postby palmerwmd » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:29 pm

Sorry no one has been able to help you yet. :oops:
It's not a real common issue that folks research.

silverarrow27

Re: How to Retrieve Song Library?

Postby silverarrow27 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:46 pm

I remember reading how the compact flash system works. I think it just copies the most played songs or the first certain number of songs into storage. However, the FSM and manual doesn't get too deep into it. I know that the FSM says the navigation maps are stored in the HDD inside the head unit so I'm guessing that's what you'll need access to meaning if you want to keep all your music, you might have to find a replacement head unit so you can get to your HDD. Not sure if there's a way to open the head unit without damaging it?

Return to “R51 Electrical”